Ironmind 'wrist Reinforcer'

Guest wells

Guest wells

What do you think? Maybe the thicker handled Ironmind Heavy Hammer II Leverage Bar is a better buy and offers more training variations.

Wells,

Check out the web site below. They have "The Bar" it's made with a 2.5" handle and choice of a 1" or 2" sleeve. I'm going to get one with the 2" sleeve. (only thirty bucks) I"ll get back to ya on how it works out.

www.wwfitness.com/gripstrenght.html

--------------------------

"Live long, stay strong"

here is the full url it seems...

http://www.wwfitness.com/gripstrength.html

BTW: for a nice, heavy hammer style leverage bar, I simply use an olympic dumbell handle with weights on one side... the handle is 2inches, using the other loading side of it... it is also a good 15lbs on it's own, so if you don't train with one-handed hammers at all, it can be a little challenging... The other major benefit is that it uses Olympic plates... which I love, as I don't want to shell out extra clams for new plates, or a new leverage bar...

The only thing drawback that I notice is the knurling... as the plate-loading side of a dumbell is smooth... but it simply increases the challenge. You must keep a towel around and chalkup fairly well

Edited by hooligan

Guest wells

Hooligan: I appreciate the link info. My current hammer leverage bars are modified dumbbell handles just like your set up. I am starting to like the feel of the threads digging into my hands! :tongue

Wells

Richard Visor brought a load of Ironmind products to the OHF Dinner in England last saturday and me and Jim Wylie had a go off the Heavy hammer leverage 2,it will humble you,very hard and very well built.

I recommend the Heavy Hammer II from Iron Mind....then you can do this with it...

www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album53/aax

yep i know the arm is not parallel to the ground...but add another 10 pounder(nearly 70lbs with one hand) to this and try it :laugh

Hey! Ricks got a contest comeing up...gotta get the troops fired up.....unfortuantely no leverages at Rick contest ;)

Wells,

Sorry for not giving you the full URL. I noticed hooligan posted it correctly. Good luck training with any leverage bar you get.

---------------------------

"Live long, stay strong"