Dave Mortons #3 Close

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

Just something funny that I noticed watching the clip of him closing the 3. The way he handled the gripper in his hand looked as if was handling a tool. I do electronics work and work closely with electricians and the way he handles the gripper in his hands looks so familiar to the way all the electricains I have seen use their tools (wire cutters). Its obvious to me that Dave built OTJ strength and technique. Just rambling....

I would guess that all the guys that man-handled the number #3 the first time they used it :bow (along with usually being large men) have intense labor back grounds and have really 'worked'with their hands for years.

Magnus Samuleson(along with being 6'7" and over 300lbs :rolleyes )was a farmer/arm wrestler/strongman....probably in that order? :D I think he handled a #3 first time?

This is takeing nothing away from these gentlemen as they are all genuine......FREAKS :yikes but a labor back ground is definitely a plus.

You might have another point though...I've noticed some of the guys that I've handed the #2 to just seem to naturally 'know what to do with it'.