What Percentage Is Your Do Axle Below Your Standard Mixed Grip

bubba29

right now, my DO axle max is 303 and olympic bar mixed grip is 405. so my DO axle is about 25% less. how does yours compare? closer, farther off? i imagine as my hands get stronger the gap will get smaller but not sure cause i am kinda new to all this. thx in advance for feedback, i am curious.

Edited by bubba29

Hmm. prob best to compare to DO oly bar grip. My best DO axle was 355 to full lockout and down signal. My best deadlift mixed grip is 500. I probably could have DO gripped it. I've DO gripped 470 without trouble.

So I guess to answer the question 71%, or 29% lower on the axle. But that's hard to compare considering my deadlift is weaker than my grip. I'm sure the mixed grip is good for 600 so maybe then the numbers would be 59%, or 41% lower. IMO it's easier to be a 500 deadlifter than a 400 axle lifter.

right now, my DO axle max is 303 and olympic bar mixed grip is 405. so my DO axle is about 25% less. how does yours compare? closer, farther off? i imagine as my hands get stronger the gap will get smaller but not sure cause i am kinda new to all this. thx in advance for feedback, i am curious.

well for me, since im not much of a deadlifter, my best max (mix grip) dead was around 315. my best contest pull on the axle (DO) is 304.

304 also didnt feel too terrible to hang on to DO.. i may have been able to pull more on the axle had i had a better deadlift background and a stronger back..

i imagine if you played around with the deadlift some, your DO axle numbers would shoot way up.

Hmm. prob best to compare to DO oly bar grip. My best DO axle was 355 to full lockout and down signal. My best deadlift mixed grip is 500. I probably could have DO gripped it. I've DO gripped 470 without trouble.

So I guess to answer the question 71%, or 29% lower on the axle. But that's hard to compare considering my deadlift is weaker than my grip. I'm sure the mixed grip is good for 600 so maybe then the numbers would be 59%, or 41% lower. IMO it's easier to be a 500 deadlifter than a 400 axle lifter.

i imagine you are similar to andrew durniat in that respect. he told me on the mixed grip deadlift, his back would fail before his hands would. i am sure he is right.

yea my back will fall before my hands as well i pull a over 400 axle and 540 with mixed