Beer Can Crush

Wade Gillingham

Brookfield says to use a strangle hold on the can. What the heck does that mean? If I overlap my fingers it doesn't feel like I have any power at all. Should I be driving my fingers through the can or just crushing it? I popped 3 tonight to a fizzle but not an explosion - I was forced to drink the remainder. :stuart When I was tired of trying I used a reverse grip like Manfred and was bulging the top but didn't bother to put the gloves on again to try it outside.

Brookfield says to use a strangle hold on the can. What the heck does that mean? If I overlap my fingers it doesn't feel like I have any power at all. Should I be driving my fingers through the can or just crushing it? I popped 3 tonight to a fizzle but not an explosion - I was forced to drink the remainder. :stuart When I was tired of trying I used a reverse grip like Manfred and was bulging the top but didn't bother to put the gloves on again to try it outside.

Did you try to do it like Joe Kinney?

Wade,

I think it's damn difficult not to try and use your fingers to drive into the can...unfortantly when I did this the can gets a microburst and a pinhole stream of pop isn't as exciting as an exploding can. So what I figure I'll do when I practice this is start with the strangle hold and then finish with a finger drive until I can build up enough crushing strength/technique to do it with a straight strangle hold. Does that make sense?

Jon@han

Wade,

You put a stranglehold on the can and pull your fingers into the can bracing it with your palms and thumbs. Don't press using your arms or punch your thumb into the can (it won't explode like it would on a stranglehold). 3Crusher and I talked about this very subject, and this is how he explained it to me.

I poped a Ginger Ale can today,the front of my shirt was soaked. Before that I tore open a tennis ball but I cant do it unless I put A little pin hole in it.

Tommy,

Next time take a picture - I'd like to see how you are doing the can.

Thanks.

Wade, Do you want a pic of it exploding or to see how I hold it?I'll tell ya how I hold it,I put my left hand on top with fingers toward the right & my right hand on the bottom toward the left.I just squeeze it,the one I did today just about came apart.It held on by a thread.

I forgot to say where my hands were,The end of the can is face'n me & the opening is pointing away from me.It doesnt really matter which way it is pointing.I crush it in the middle,left hand on top ,right hand on bottom. Remember to use a rain coat :yikes I'm going to try to get some pics. of me doing it sunday after church :bow

so your fingers don't overlap? both your right and left hand fingers are in direct contact with the can?