Closed The #3

strongmitts

I met with my witness yesterday and slammed the #3. I shut it like I have never shut it before! I got out of class around 2:00 p.m. yesterday. I went home and watched clips from Rocky III and IV while I quietly relaxed in my bed. Then when I was 45 mins out from the big moment I watched the begining and ending of Richard Sorin's video. I finished off my psych with gripboard movie twice in a row while I did my early warm-ups. I was ready. I was so nervous I was shaking and I was flush all over. I arrived at the Memorial Gym and there were about fifteen powerlifting friends of mine all waiting for me. It was time! I finished off my warm-ups and I chalked up for the big one. I grabbed the #3, set it good, and slammed it shut! It was almost comical, it was so easy. I was psyched beyond belief. I rested a couple minutes and shut it again and held it for probably 7-8 seconds and got pictures. My girlfriend was great and arranged all my powerlifting friends to come over and she made me a "Captain of Crush" cake. Later at the house I shut it again no chalk while when we were about to have cake and beers. I got my certification close on digital video and I got all other three closes of the #3 on a regular video camera. Plus there were like five people taking all kinds of still shots. It was great! I would like to post some of the videos, but not sure how? Wannagrip?? If yall are interested in seeing them. Maybe I can find a way to convert the VHS video to digital and put it on the net.

Of course you were going to close the #3. With that much support behind you, there was no chance in being defeated. Your girlfriend made you a captain of crush cake and set up a party?! That's the epitome of support. You earned it! So what next, the #4?

Edited by HandsofStone

FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations, Strongmitts. Would we like to see the video? What, are you crazy?!! Send it in, NOW!! :D

Welcome! The June Milo may have the most COCs in it EVER??

How many does that make from the GripBoard-6?

Great job-

Rick Walker :rock

Congrats on your victory over the # 3.

I would love to see your video for insperation.

congratulations,

what a better way to do it than with your firends and girlfriend there .

This is what he left out:

And then, to give me that extra boost of grip strength, I kissed my personally autographed gold-framed picture of Sybersnott :laugh:laugh

strongmitts, congrats to you!! :bow:bow

Congrats Strongmitts ! We'll be side to side in MILO.

June edition (so far)

Eric Milfeld

Arne Persson

Me (Pascal Toussaint)

Rick Walker

Jeff Peterson

Dave Morton

Strongmitts

Add Patrick Lemieux too. He's not on the board but he certified with me and we might see his name soon on the #4 list.

Thanks everyone, My name is Chris Caffery 5'11" 210lbs (official #3 close weight). I compete in the 198lbs so I will be trimming up soon for a meet. I sent wannagrip a video my roommate got on a digital camera (excuse my language in the video). My other roommate got some good clips on his camcorder including the CoC cake (I have such a great girlfriend :D ). I will send wannagrip the VHS tape after I make a copy tonight. I can't wait to be in MILO with all my gripboard brothers. I will representing the grippage in my pics, sporting my grippage T-shirt in style.

Gripper32001, no chance of the #4, not my #4 atleast. My next big goals are to close the #3 with my left and then go after the Inch. I think the Inch will be even a greater feat than the #3 for me. I have relatively small hands, right around 7 1/4".

Strongman, I did my certification just short of a month. I first closed the #3 on February 21 and I got certified on March 20.

Sybersnott, sorry I totally forgot to bring my gold framed pic of you to the gripper closing. :tongue

Awesome job on closing the #3 Chris

Matt

great job. you guys have been a great inspiration to me lately. keep up the hard work :rock