Curious On Coc 2.5 To Bb Supermaster Comparison

Jeremy_9

Ok Im curious about something? Today I got in my BB master and supermaster, I figured i would be able to close the Master since its close to the coc #2, I didnt think I had a chance at closing the Supermaster. But to my dismasy I closed the Master easy and the Supermaster with alot of effort, but I still got it. I then tried my CoC# 2.5, and got it to about an 8th of an inch, Have you guys noticed the BBSM being harder than the 2.5, or vice verser?

Ok Im curious about something? Today I got in my BB master and supermaster, I figured i would be able to close the Master since its close to the coc #2, I didnt think I had a chance at closing the Supermaster. But to my dismasy I closed the Master easy and the Supermaster with alot of effort, but I still got it. I then tried my CoC# 2.5, and got it to about an 8th of an inch, Have you guys noticed the BBSM being harder than the 2.5, or vice verser?

Heh. Since you expended "alot of effort"...maybe the next time you train, you try the CoC#2.5 before the SM.

I don't own any BB's myself, but if you follow the link below you'll see that the collected data shows that the SM range 123-144 and the CoC# 2.5 from 121-145. That's a convincing overlap.

http://www.grippersu...re.com/rgc.aspx

Just from the feel of them, the 2.5 feels tougher, I'll try the coc first in a few days when I,m fresh. Thanks for the input fellas. I assumed the bbsm would have been tougher due to the lb rating, and was going to use it as my 2.5 #3 bridge gripper.

My 2.5 must be a freak, because it's super close to my 3s. I can only do singles on my 2.5, whereas I can rep my supermaster 5-6 times.

Edited by iamsean11

So I tried out my 2.5 fresh today, and no dice, still got to an 8th. What gripper do you guys recommend for a good 2.5 to 3 bridge gripper?

I used a RB240 (closer to my 2.5) and a beef builder grand master (closer to my #3) but grippers vary so it hard to know exactly where they will fall.

So I tried out my 2.5 fresh today, and no dice, still got to an 8th. What gripper do you guys recommend for a good 2.5 to 3 bridge gripper?

GHP 6

I used a RB240 (closer to my 2.5) and a beef builder grand master (closer to my #3) but grippers vary so it hard to know exactly where they will fall.

My RB210 is wayyy harder than my 2.5, but my 2.5 is similar to my #3. Something doesn't add up. My left handed RB210L is excellent and feels spot on, but not the regular one, and kinda turned me off of RBs... I wish I had a new 210 and 240 to play around with and see..

img0365z.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good suggestion anwnate, but he might need a filed #2 because he's not quite closing the 2.5 yet.

Good suggestion anwnate, but he might need a filed #2 because he's not quite closing the 2.5 yet.

No doubt Matt...just answering the question he asked. :)

As far as I know, besides buying a rated gripper from an individual, filing a gripper is the only sure way to end up with a actual "bridge". Otherwise it seems kind of like a game of roulette.

Thanks for all the input , filing one of my grippers didn't occur me, just hate to ruin a gripper, but I certainly see the benefit of them.

Thanks for all the input , filing one of my grippers didn't occur me, just hate to ruin a gripper, but I certainly see the benefit of them.

Don't think about it as ruining a gripper. It will still be a normal #2, but with an increased range that will work on that last bit of crushing power. #2 is my favorite gripper.

IM's #2.5 is generally harder to close than a BSM of comparable poundage because they are wider. This would apply regardless of set.