Grippers And Elbow Pain

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Over the past year I have noticed my elbow's hurtting more and more. Through the process of elimination, I think the culprit is grippers. It is to the point that I have a hard time training any pushing movements. Has anyone else had this problem ? And besides time off and anti-inflamatory drugs, any thing else help ?

Celebrex Rules !

Harlan,

After tearing my right elbow tendon last January, I couldn't use the grippers for a long time. After almost a year break, I was able to start again. Every now and then, I feel a twinge there. Sorry, I know that wasn't the answer you wanted, but it's the only one I have.

personnally, I feel the sweep and negatives are harder on my elbows. worse is doing a negative on a gripper I can't properly set (the #4) and letting it open my hand

david

Harlan, have you ruled out overtraining? My elbow pain is mild and infrequent, but a couple of day's rest clears it up.

I actually get some pain in my shoulder?I'm pretty sure the gripper somehow?is effecting it....but that could be a coincidence and perhaps I aggravated it doing something else?-shortly after getting the grippers.

Also...there is a guy here about your age/size Harlan that says the grippers(his first shot t them)seem to be helping his elbow pain?(of course he's only closing a #2)

He's an Alleve man :D ....although 4-5 times the recommended dose...which he says is about the same as a prescription dose of Naprocin?

The only kind of pain I have ever gotten from the

grippers is a pain in my knuckles :blink

Matt

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Swiss- You may have hit the nail on the head with the negitives. For about the last 3 months I have been doing negitives 2 times a week with the #4. Only about 4 sets each day , but still that is alott of stress.

Eric- I only train 2 times per week, But still as I mentioned before, I am doing negitives both days so I might have a bit of overtraining there .

Endpoint- You know , I have not done ANY extensor work in a while. Good idea.

AnimalCage- Not what I wanted to hear, But I have thought about that.

Tom - The old guy at your gym, ( like me ) is right . I would be doing that if not for celebrex.

Thanks for the ideas guys

Guest mmctrab

There's no question that using grippers can cause tendonitis in your elbows. The most common cause of tennis elbow is using a tennis racket that has too big a grip on it for your hand.

Guest wells

My bottom teeth hurt! I don't grit when crushing. I think it may be muscle tension in my lower jaw. Tried closing my mouth shut with teeth together (not gritting though) and found an improvement and reduction in soreness in the lower teeth.

Wells,

The grippers were designed for the hands, not the teeth. But, if you want to become a Certified Captain of Crunch, that's your business :D

Guest wells

Wait a minute! You mean you guys have been closing the grippers with your HANDS! Damn, you are all a bunch of sissys! :D

Funny one AnimalCage. Don't worry... I'll get you... When you least expect it... :cool Remember: 'Revenge is a dish best served cold...'

:tongue

Funny about jaw tention...I went to a new dentist a couple of weeks ago and half the time he kept going on about how I had such a strong bite. No I didn't nip him while he was doing his thing he said he could tell when he palpated my jaw. I've never done any "jaw" training other then chewing a tough steak or two...I figure it's all the grimacing I do weight training, and of course working with the grippers really exaggerates the facial spasms :rolleyes

Jon@han