Pinch Grip Suggestions

Brad

Hi All,

I have specialized in Pinch Grip Rafter Chins for a few months now and have developed the ability to do them with extra weight. I would really like to know how to go about improving my pinch grip strength. I made a block out of a 2x4 that can have extra weight added. I also pinch grip plates with the smooth sides out. Is there value in training other types of grip strength (crushing, supporting, etc) if my main goal is to increase my ability to do rafter chins with added weight? I know that this is a naive question but I am a relative newbie to grip training.

Thanks,

Brad Johnson

Get some block weights of diff. widths. They are the ends of dumbbells with the handle cut off.The york dumbbells flare out make'n them harder than the hex db's.

Guest pjfinnegan

Pinch grips of various widths? Or a dynamic movement such as the titans telegraph ? BTW if you are doing pinch grip chins my hat is off to you .

BRAD

ANYONE LIKE YOURSELF THAT CAN DO RAFTER CHINS,IS IN A WORD AWESOME,I WOULDN,T NO WERE TO BEGIN TRYING TO PIONT YOU AS YOUR PINCHING STRENGTH OBVIOUSLY FAR EXCEEDS MINE :bow

THE ONLY THING I COULD SUGGEST IS TO TRY ALL SORTS OF OTHER PINCHING ,WIDE,NARROW,BLOBS ETC.

I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN THE CROSS OVER EFFECT YOUR

RAFTER CHINNING STRENGTH HAS ON YOUR GRIP AS A WHOLE,ALSO

MAYBE DAVID(THE SWISS)COULD COMMENT ON THIS CROSS OVER AFFECT.

thanks Wells/Gazza but I feel like I could learn more from Brad Johnson than he could learn from me, this guy is by no means a newbie, and some of his feats are astonishing.

Brad, you could try using your thumbs differently:

- explosively, as with block/stone tossing.

- dynamically, as with a Titan's telegraph key.

I also believe wrist strength to be important in rafter chinning (especially on more than one), so maybe plate curls?

cool to see you back again here

david

Thanks everyone! I'll try everything that was suggested. David, I am a newbie and you are a stud! Closing the #3 at your size? That is insane!!

As far as crossover, I honestly have not noticed too much. My crush strength is not good. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Brad