What Is Harder Hex Db Or York Blob?

mfin77

I have both and my 40 hex is a lot harder than the 40blob for me. I could lift them both, but the blob is a lot easier.

For those who have both, what do you guys think?

Mike

Blobs of the same make don’t compare with eachother well. Texture is very important to how hard each weight is and its just not consistent.

In general blobs are harder than hex. I have found a few hex blobs that actually bulge out at the sides like a York blob and are hard compared to the standard CAP type hexes.

What brand is your hex?

I've got a 50# hex from Tim and it's very hard compared to the blobs. It's the last of my series of 50 poundish wide pinch goals.

Blobs of the same make don’t compare with eachother well. Texture is very important to how hard each weight is and its just not consistent.

In general blobs are harder than hex. I have found a few hex blobs that actually bulge out at the sides like a York blob and are hard compared to the standard CAP type hexes.

What brand is your hex?

It's a cap. The 40 blob has a little rust on too which helps with gripping it. The hex still has the paint on stand is very slippery.

For me, the hex 50 was a little easier. For Paul the hex50 was waaaay easier than the blob. But Eric M can pick up a blob anytime no problem but still cannot lift the hex50. Long story short, everybody is different.

For me, the hex 50 was a little easier. For Paul the hex50 was waaaay easier than the blob. But Eric M can pick up a blob anytime no problem but still cannot lift the hex50. Long story short, everybody is different.

Btw. . . About a month ago over at Pauls, Tommy Jennings Jr walked up to the hex50 and was like " whats this" and picked it up like a paperweight. just sickening. :getlost::grin:

Btw. . . About a month ago over at Pauls, Tommy Jennings Jr walked up to the hex50 and was like " whats this" and picked it up like a paperweight. just sickening. :getlost::grin:

Wow, hopefully in a few years