Ironmind Bands Vs. Rubber Bands

familia5az

Which is a better choice and how much extensor work is recommended? I like Ironmind but Im not interested in lining their pockets if rubber bands will perform the same. Thx

Hello familia5az!

I use rubber bands as they do the same job - to get you stronger - and will cost you nothing. I use them from once a week to every other day in a few light sets of 50-80 reps, that's all. On a side note you may have a look at this video by Mr. Jedd Johnson on low cost and very effective (static as opposed to dynamic) extensor training:

That lift is bad-ass and will keep you strong and healthy. Thanks for posting the video.

Concerning the weight...yes! Badass!

Your both welcome! I found it most helpful to use micro-progression by adding a single discarded (bent) 60D-nail every other workout (or whenever I can) to increase resistance. When the bucket is too full to stretch my fingers into it, I take the nails out, ducktape a plate underneath and start all over over empty again. Great exercise!

Which is a better choice and how much extensor work is recommended? I like Ironmind but Im not interested in lining their pockets if rubber bands will perform the same. Thx

Nothing wrong with using garden variety rubber bands if they do the trick for you—it's the same as lifting weights: rocks, junk, calibrated plates, etc. . . all of them can work.

Save for your brocoli or asparagus rubber bands, the IM bands will be more challenging... so depending on where your strength is, that might be good or bad. The IM bands have durability on there side. I've used them a couple times and liked them.