Input Please! Mighty Joe's Wall Of Grip

mightyjoe

As most of you know I've been extremely busy with a project I'm working on for a video

review of my entire gripper collection.

As of now I have 5 videos planned to cover the collection. I would like some input/suggestions

for the following:

1) Song suggestion for the "Introduction" video? This video will have footage only with a song playing

along. I will not say anything in the introduction even though I will have pop up displays containing

important notes of what's to come.

2) Question/Answer session on one of the videos. What questions would you like to have answered or addressed?

Questions pertaining to the collection, collecting, grippers, training tips, etc. I could think of many possible questions

but being this series is for YOU here at the GB, you decide!

3) The last video will be the BEST one and the most IMPORTANT video of all! I have another Wall I'm currently working

on I've named the "Grip Wall of Fame". On this Wall is some more grippers (not telling) and pictures (signed and unsigned) of numerous individuals who I and others believe to be foundational, elite, or has contributed in a very significant way from various means even though they may or may not have been involved in grip for a long period of time relatively speaking. My question here is who do you consider some of these individuals? The reason I ask is because I would feel really bad if I left someone out that should be included. I have already thought of and contacted many individuals but I may have forgotten someone.

I would greatly appreciate any and all input and suggestions! Remember, these videos are for YOU! (I'ts not about the Grippers)All those here at the Grip Board and anyone involved in Grip. I'm working very hard to make this enjoyable and hopefully very informative and educational to those that are new to grip and to even the most experienced and elite in our wonderful sport!

I greatly appreciate your time!

Thanks!

Your Friend in Grip,

Mighty Joe Musselwhite

Disturbed with 'Warrior' would be a nice one as an intro song.....as for the rest, I have to think about those.

Btw nice effort Joe. You live the griplife haha

Edited by Geralt

I sure would like to hear some about how your passion for grip training, and grippers in particular, took form. And if you have any favorite grippers or brands.

I'm sure it will be awesome videos! Good luck.

Maybe I'm thinking too way backward into history, but as this is an open question...I have always been a fan of Louis 'Apollon" Uni and Hermann Görner.

Maybe I'm thinking too way backward into history, but as this is an open question...I have always been a fan of Louis 'Apollon" Uni and Hermann Görner.

Not at all! I have those that are long gone in line to be placed on the Wall.

I apologize for not mentioning those not with us any longer.

Thanks for asking!

Edited by Mighty Joe

No need to apologize Mighty Joe, I did not misunderstand you!

Alexander Zass and Joe Greenstein would perhaps be nice to have in there, too!

Oh yes! And I would like to see and hear some explanations on one of these "revolving handles custom grippers" like "Army" Maguire is known to posess. I'm curious whether one of those belongs to your fantastic collection and what it's like to close them and precisely at which strengths they come or are known to have been manufactured.

Being a 5 part video as you've said, I'd imagine you'll touch on these things but I personally would like to know what grippers/implements are your favorites for your training as well as your favorites for collection purposes. A quick note on what type of closes you've done on a particular gripper as you go through the collection as well as personal records on other implements may be fun to hear about. Also, I think we'd love to hear about any back story/history/nostalgia regarding certain rare or special pieces including where and how you obtained them. Can't wait to see it Joe! After seeing pictures of just some of your collection, I'm very excited about your video series. I have a bit of a gripper collection growing myself so this should be great in my eyes. Any idea when you expect the series to be done?

Being a 5 part video as you've said, I'd imagine you'll touch on these things but I personally would like to know what grippers/implements are your favorites for your training as well as your favorites for collection purposes. A quick note on what type of closes you've done on a particular gripper as you go through the collection as well as personal records on other implements may be fun to hear about. Also, I think we'd love to hear about any back story/history/nostalgia regarding certain rare or special pieces including where and how you obtained them. Can't wait to see it Joe! After seeing pictures of just some of your collection, I'm very excited about your video series. I have a bit of a gripper collection growing myself so this should be great in my eyes. Any idea when you expect the series to be done?

+1

All I can say to your response is you should be very pleased. You too Rich!

As far as a time frame? I refuse to place a time limit on this project because when I give a time

frame I feel pressured. When I feel pressured I don't think as clearly. I will say this, there has not been

a day go by for the last month that I have not worked on this project. Some weekend days have been

all day long just on sorting pictures, notes, dates, grippers, historical data, etc. Not to mention there's

a "wait factor" involved due to one of the surprises I have in store. This is a factor I don't have much control over.

I will further say, it will be as soon as it's RIGHT.

Also, I don't in any way mean to be harsh on the time frame. Not at all! I've done too much and spent a lot

of money on this project and it will be RIGHT.

Thanks for everyone's patience!!!

Joe-

If you are interested, Don Larkin has a Tetting Ironman gripper that many of the Michigan guys have attempted. No photos of Don's attempts, but a few of us Michigan guys have decent squeezes on film. I think Don also has a photo of himself with the old steel #2 that he broke.

If those interest you at all, I can get more background info. Don's Ironman gripper has been closed by myself and Thorton in training, but nobody has hit it yet in a contest, and several have tried.

Also Joe, looking forward to this. I am a gripper junkie and a grip history junkie.