Question For #3 Closers?

Tom of Iowa2

IS there a perfect hand size for the #3.Whats your length?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. IS there a perfect hand size for the #3.Whats your length?

• 7 inches or Less?
    • 7 1/4 inches or Less?
    • 7 1/2 inches or less?
    • 7 3/4 inches or less?
    • 8 inches or less?
    • 8 1/4 inches or less?
    • 8 1/2 inches or less?
    • 8 3/4 inches or less?
    • 9 inches or less?

For ANY body that REALLY does close a #3 what is the length of your hand?

I would suspect that COC's come in all sizes-its a combination of training-tenacity and for some lucky ones-GENETICS... but perhaps there IS a hand that is just about 'ideal'for #3 closures?

Thats why YOUR pic helped so much..mine at 7 3/4".The area around your thumb looked a little meatier but maybe when I hit 300lbs plus? :cool.... only 32lbs to go...

I am at 7 3/4 as well.

Rick Walker :rock

I have closed a #3 but am not a COC. My hand is just under 9'' in length, but so far the only thing I am good at is thickbar. Even 3'' does not seem that bad to grasp and lift.

Daves hand is 8 1/2!!?? :blink Crap!I suspected at 6'3 270 he'd have a woppin big hand.,,didn't think it would be that big though.

Rolling Thunders?Pinches?INCH?Millenium?Whats next? :cry

Old guys 9 inchers must get some looks "at the check out counter'?

Freak! :yikes

Looks like a lot of COC and/or 3 closersin the 7 3/4 to 8 inch range?

(BTW-even though my #3 is well seasoned now......I'm NOT one of them responding to the poll..no excuses)

I was not aware of having large hands until people on here started giving there hand measurements. The just seem normal to me . I was surprised when I found out that my ringsize is greater than a quarter as my fingers seem long and thin. I have seen guys with bigger hands.

;)

Being 6'2" and having a 7 3/4"inch hand and being in the land of corn fed goobers I've always thought mine were a little small...thus i noticed larger hands i suppose.

Mine are wide-all palm-short fingers..sort of fred flinstone-but i suppose IF they were large I wouldn't be so concious of others....

The one upside with my hands?Is it makes everything else look larger :whistel

OldGuy.

Nine inches is huge. How tall are you ?

Did you say that you can put a quarter through your wedding ring ?

What size is your ring finger ?

I am a litle over 6' 3'' tall. I do not wear a wedding ring. My index and middle fingers are too big to fit through the spring of my grippers.

My hand is 8.5 inches. At the Arnold after hearing about how I could only do the blob because my hand was big I made sure to make an example out of anyone that tried that had similar size hands or larger. There were at least 10 guys with hands larger than mine and several more with very comaparible sized hands. One that surprised me was Richard Sorin - his hands were quite a bit smaller than mine - I would guess 8" is a stretch. All the more impressive what he has done with thick pinches and thick bar, and also argues the point that it isn't only hand size. Until you get to the point that you can hook grip a thick bar then size changes things.

Wade-

No-hand size certainly has nothing to do with it! I am getting closer to being able to pick that thing up-and my hands are 7 3/4. My friend has hands a little larger than you and he can't pick up my Poor Man's Blob loaded to 30 pounds :D

Too bad I couldnt lift it then-then we could have gotten a good laugh at those huge handed fellows that FAILED at it :happy

Next time-

Rick Walker :rock

My hands at 7 3/4"is fine for IM Big Block and that lift is going up pretty consistantly(so I'm guessing-at this moment- on the lighter Blobs i'd do Ok).

However,My progress on the Rolling Thunder IS much slower than the others with larger hands.

Also,Although i did just get the #3 a couple of weeks ago-and my 7 3/4"seems to be a good size for closures- the bottom line is I couldn't close it...so maybe i just don't have hands as strong as I thought I did...SO work is the key.

If I could have A wish?just another 1/2"...in hand size..... and height...... and arm length ....and hey while I'm at it.......... :laugh .Would the 'Genie'classify that as one wish? :whacked

I pulled out the tape measure for this one, and measured it three times. I got the same result on all three measures - eight inches.

;) 50% of #3 closers are 7 3/4 to 8 inches.

Of course this may just be a 'popular'hand size :yikes Proving nothing....interesting none the less.