2 Hand Pinch Mods

acorn

I finished the Mods of the Euro 2HP device just in time for the AZCGS comp and wanted to share the updates. Let me know what you guys think.

- Aaron

• Like 4

This is a really awesome thing for the sport. Guys, I had the chance to see this upclose the other day, and it works just that well. It looks really clean, feels great, no gaps or anything. Feels real solid. Good stuff and I can't wait to pull on this Saturday.

• Like 1

Aaron, that is some great fabrication work. I'll have to find out more about how you made those up on Saturday.

Aaron, that is some great fabrication work. I'll have to find out more about how you made those up on Saturday.

Sounds good, my first career was as a machinist. So I apparently havent forgotten everything I learned back in the day.

-Aaron

that is sleek AND uber functional. I can't wait to see it in action!

Looks fantastic. I was amazed at how fast you were able to change the widths.

Looks fantastic. I was amazed at how fast you were able to change the widths.

Thanks, that was the main point to the whole exercise. Make changing widths fast as possible because it was such a pain to run the event in contests with different widths. I'm gonna have color coded weight charts to make it easy with the different widths. Initial plan was to do brass inserts in the spacers to make them weigh all the same but that ended up not being feasable. Color coded change plates to make the difference up to a set number is another possibility but I didn't have time to make those before this contest.

I want to thank Doc for giving me the idea to do this makeover with what he came up with for gripmas!

-Aaron

By far the best idea for quick changes!

Aaron, what are the color inserts made from? Sorry if you said in the video. I was watching it while my kids took a bath and they are LOUD.

Well I am glad you did not as brass inserts might have resulted in a specific gravity higher than that of rubber. That would make the lift easier as more weight is located in the centre of the set up. This is why most people pinch more when they use two 45 lb plates as a base compared to the Euro (with comparable surfaces). Using any material heavier than rubber is basically cheating.

Initial plan was to do brass inserts in the spacers to make them weigh all the same but that ended up not being feasable.

Very functional and quick in the contest setting. The transitions in weight were very fast and Aaron's machining was über smooth. Spinning the collars he made was very slick and easy to get tight and to loosen.

(null)

Very functional and quick in the contest setting. The transitions in weight were very fast and Aaron's machining was über smooth. Spinning the collars he made was very slick and easy to get tight and to loosen. (null)

über smooth? Now that is smooth. :tongue

It wrote properly on my phone hahaha!

(null)

Wow that is impressive stuff! If you ever decide to offer the device (or even just the inserts) for sale, I'd buy one in a heart beat! Been meaning to get a proper 2HP and these mods look amazing.

Let me get back to you guys on cost. I've made all the templates already which is the biggest time cost. Materials were pretty pricey but that could likely be brought down if multiple people were interested in ordering a set of the spacers, etc. People who may be interested should send me an email or PM

It did work really well at the contest for the different widths to be color coded. Everybody knew which color spacer they needed and the person scoring had a pen in each color and a chart for each color so the results were color coordinated too.

- Aaron