#2 & #3 Set!

Gripper42004

Can anybody close the #2 &/or #3 without use'n the other hand to set it? I can do both & it sure is a big difference.It feels really hard,I guess big hands would make it easier.

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER"

I can close a #2 without a set...I didn't know what a set was til about a week and a half ago.It (the set)DOES make a considerable difference.

Old news but since you brought it up-Josh closed Animal Cages #3 without a set....and..... :blush...

I don't know if REALLY big hands would make it easier or harder?

I've seen the grippers in some dudes with REALLY big hands(8 1/2"PLUS) and actually REALLY big hands might make it more difficult...??and although none of them set the gripper they had to adjust it to their hand(again Josh does not)of course -as always- depends on the individual. :erm

With my VERY limited gripper experience( two weeks of gripper time :laugh ) I would think 7 3/4 to 8 inches might? be a VERY good hand size for grippers....interestingly?I am closer to some of the huge handed dudes around here on the grippers....than I am on pinch or rolling thunder or thick Wrist roller,etc. ..if that makes any sense.

I can close my #2s and my PDA 387 like this. Not a #3 yet.

Rick Walker :rock

Guest wells

CoC #2 :)

I don't quite understand what a 'proper set' should be so I haven't even tried assisting with my other hand; thus preventing my acquiring a wrong technique/training habit. :angry:

I simply grab the damn things and squeeze. :yikes

I still haven't used chalk as it would be my luck to not have any around that day I will try to certify on a #3 :( or worse I would be disqualified for using the wrong kind of chalk! :tongue Actually though it has been pretty good, my not using chalk, as my hands have toughened up tremendously from the movement of the gripper handles when squeezing. :whacked

I am back working on my crush and actually am trying to demonstrate a "Hydraulic" crush single.

It's basically a small set and purposely going SLOW into the close. No speed or explosion.

PSSSSSSHHHHHSSTT!

I even have sound effects. :laugh

2 lefty 3 righty

i can close my filed 2 without a set, but it's tough. my hands are 7.75" too (like many on this board), but i have a problem with my pinkie. it's quite a bit shorter than my other fingers and i have real trouble wrapping it around the handle with no set.

#2 and BBM righty

almost (depend on definition) the #2 lefty.

Wannagrip: the slow close is a killer....good luck at it.

Will you post the video?

I wonder IF Tou has the shortest hand to ever close a #3?

Interesting......Is he a statistical anomally? :blink

Inch for Inch.....Tou is generating some amazing pressure?

I weighed in at 268# the other day,had recently hit PR's in most gym lifts and an all time high on the Rolling Thunder And The IM Big Block(around here My rolling Thunder is considered an all time Low :laugh ) and despite my expectations and a newly learned 'set'i couldn't close my well broken in #3.You are a stud dude!

Also in my passing around of the #2...to complete strangers sometimes...most of the guys closing it-or getting close are in the 7 1/2 to 8 inch range(guesstimate or i hold my hand up and get them to reluctantly compare).And usually are 6ft tall PLUS.

My hands measure 7" also... but I have not closed a #3 yet ( but I'm getting close ! :tongue ). Because of my small hands, my "rolling thunder" results is really bad. And I have to struggle to "set" a gripper properly.

My pinkie can't grab the handle if Idon't set the gripper with my free hand. Only 3 fingers go around it. I squeeze and then add pinkie to complete the close. It's been over a month since I dropped the grippers btu I'm going to get back at them in a few weeks.

Any gripper that I am able to close, I can do so without any help from the other hand.

I'm with OldGuy on this one. No set. No chalk.

My hand is 7 1/2 inches from the tip of the middle finger down to my wristline. I can fit a penny though my ring finger easly but not a nickel.

No set, no close. Well, maybe the #1.

#2 on a good day, forget about the #3

Guest mick01

Ok, this newbie still doesn’t know what a "set" is. I only have a #1 (just ordered #2) but I just grab it and start squeezing. Someone please enlighten me.

mick01 you should check out the KTA program. It will open many doors to the world of gripping. :whacked The book explains with pictures and video what a proper set is. If I tried to explain it here I would just screw it up. :whistel