Durniat Strength Training Day

andurniat

I appears we will be having a training day at the Durniat Strength Hall of Physical Culture this Saturday. Paul Knight is coming up from Texas, Chez is coming in from NY and I believe some boys from Columbus are coming up as well.

Not sure what good my hands will be, but I imagine we'll do some lifting. All are welcomed. Here is the address:

Durniat Strength

3065 East Lincoln Way

Wooster, OH 44691

I'd plan on some good pinch work and then anything else we care to get into.

Myself and some local guys will also be doing some strongman events; Log for reps, Keg load to sled pull medley and finishing with the stones.

I'll be at the gym by 9am.

See you all then.

Sounds awesome!!

i may try to make it down there. i am curious if any of the guys from the last Durniat grip competition will be down there besides chez and andrew. is there a chance of snow? does that mexican restaurant deliver there?

Edited by bubba29

Strongman events? I'm totally excited. I have always wanted to try that stuff. I better bring my "A" game.

i may try to make it down there. i am curious if any of the guys from the last Durniat grip competition will be down there besides chez and andrew. is there a chance of snow? does that mexican restaurant deliver there?

I'm sure others will be here. No snow forecasted. We'll get mexican afterwards.

I cant wait ... is there anything you can think of that i should bring that will fit in a carry-on and wont get me arrested at the airport lol?

I cant wait ... is there anything you can think of that i should bring that will fit in a carry-on and wont get me arrested at the airport lol?

Strength :grin:

I'm bringing all my grippers because I heard a rumor that Paul was kind of good at those :tongue

I'm bringing my cell phone dialed to 91 - so when (as) I fall I can hit 1 on the way down to call the squad. Maybe Doc or Nick can drive me home afterwards :).

Strength :grin:

I'll see if I can squeeze that in my bag ..

I'm bringing all my grippers because I heard a rumor that Paul was kind of good at those :tongue

sweet .. bring your hardest #3 for sure because I want to train the Bullet hold and don't want any suprises with a freak gripper come contest time on the 31st. What else you got? I know you have a MM3 dup which I may wanna try lefty to see where I'm at. I would be stoked to close it off-hand.

Andrew, did I see a monster bell at your gym in one of your videos? if so, what are the specs on that thing ... would be cool to try, don't expect to do anything with it, but cool nontheless.

Sounds awesome!!

how far a haul is Wooster for you Jedd?

Edited by Paul Knight

Man it's only a 4 hour drive from here to Wooster...if I were in better shape I'd really consider making the drive up.

Man it's only a 4 hour drive from here to Wooster...if I were in better shape I'd really consider making the drive up.

You should come dude. You can learn the MMS set from some of the best and try some mash monster replicas. I got 17 TSGs. The ones that at a #3 and above: GHP 7, My #3 (feels harder than Brent's 152 rated #3 hes letting me borrow), GNC 300, RB 330N, MM1 replica, BB Elite, GHP 8, #3.5 and the MM3 replica. Love to see you crush my MM3 since I can't get it righty and you can tell me how it compares to the real thing.

I'd definitely drive up if I had some more grip experience

I'd definitely drive up if I had some more grip experience

There's no better way to get grip experience ...

• Like 1

You should come dude. You can learn the MMS set from some of the best and try some mash monster replicas. I got 17 TSGs. The ones that at a #3 and above: GHP 7, My #3 (feels harder than Brent's 152 rated #3 hes letting me borrow), GNC 300, RB 330N, MM1 replica, BB Elite, GHP 8, #3.5 and the MM3 replica. Love to see you crush my MM3 since I can't get it righty and you can tell me how it compares to the real thing.

very nice ... have you closed your GHP 8 yet? and does your MM3 dup feel a good bit harder than your #3.5?

better shape?!?!? didn't you just cert on the #3??? I'd say that's pretty good shape brutha

The monster bell is 3" and 135# currently. I also have an Inch replica and Coulture Bell (2.5" and 185#). Plenty of grip toys. No one will get bored. All ability levels are welcomed. Like Paul stated, no better place to learn.

The monster bell is 3" and 135# currently. I also have an Inch replica and Coulture Bell (2.5" and 185#). Plenty of grip toys. No one will get bored. All ability levels are welcomed. Like Paul stated, no better place to learn.

cool, thanks Andrew

Does anyone have any bending stock that they'd be willing to bring? I'm trying to make it a point to get back into bending, but I don't think I will be allowed to bring any steel on the plane ... my guess.

i am very much a newbie to grip stuff. i am not that strong at all. i attended a grip competition recently at Andrew's gym. I was reluctant about going. I don't regret at all that I went. I did a lot of things for the first time so there were PRs all around. there is equipment at that gym that most people don't have access to so being able try that stuff is a great experience. not to mention all the great people.

if you cannot make it, that is understandable. but do not sit home with the excuse that you aren't strong enough or aren't in good enough shape.

cool, thanks Andrew

Does anyone have any bending stock that they'd be willing to bring? I'm trying to make it a point to get back into bending, but I don't think I will be allowed to bring any steel on the plane ... my guess.

I just missed the GHP 8 in my last two TSG workouts by a very slight margin with a MMS. Maybe I can get it done with the adrenaline of you guys being around. Hard to tell which is harder between my #3.5 and MM3. The MM3 feels easier to set though. I can bring my bag of nails Paul. I got several green, yellow and blue nails and 3 reds. Maybe you can help me with my technique because it sucks.

Paul - what bending stock are you wanting? Wraps too?

I have a good bit of steel and horseshoes that need a good bending.

Chris, can you bring up Doc's 2hp pipe and inserts? It will make for a nice 2hp training day.

I have a good bit of steel and horseshoes that need a good bending.

Chris, can you bring up Doc's 2hp pipe and inserts? It will make for a nice 2hp training day.

Can do!

cool, thanks Andrew

I just missed the GHP 8 in my last two TSG workouts by a very slight margin with a MMS. Maybe I can get it done with the adrenaline of you guys being around. Hard to tell which is harder between my #3.5 and MM3. The MM3 feels easier to set though. I can bring my bag of nails Paul. I got several green, yellow and blue nails and 3 reds. Maybe you can help me with my technique because it sucks.

I would be more than happy to work technique w/ya. Thanks

Chris,

I'm going to bring my Ironmind wraps and the new Benders Battlefield wraps. That's probably all that I will bend in .. trying to toughen up the fingers again. I'm down for trying whatever

*Coulter

If I can find a ride out there, then I'll be there.