Gripper Between Coc 3 And 3.5?

ATK

Looking for a gripper between the #3 and the #3.5... Any recommendations??

Thanks!

The best thing is to look at the gripper superstore website and look at the list of rated grippers. Anything between 150 and 180 pounds is between a 3 and 3.5. A Beef Builder Elite is typically perfect. That is what I used.

http://www.grippersuperstore.com/rgc.aspx

I am 100% with Daniel here. The BBE is the gripper I work on these days as thats exactly where I am at as well. I am looking to get a quad band as I am told thats about in the same range and something you might try which is what I did last night is a cheap little GNC 300 gripper. It is cheap and has only modest knurling, but as a plus the handles are slightly smaller which chould transfer over to a farther ROM and the handles are steel so the "give" won't be as great of an issue. In addition the spread is only about 55mm (just over a credit card) and will doubtless prove easier for people who don't have longer hands. As I am new to the BB series, I did find for myself that the BBs have a much more difficult finish than the CoC so just because one calibrates at a few pounds above a hard #3 (for an easy BBE that is) doesn't mean that the jump will be an easy one unless you already have a good finish/mid sweep. Hope this helps you. :)

Are the Elites and MM2s about the same these days?

My BBE rated at 164, so I'd agree so. Felt like the MM2 too.

I have less trouble closing my MM2 dud than my 'normal' IM#3. So although it should be more heavy, the less wider spread and more heavy knurling

make it in fact a bit 'easier'...so which between 3 and 3.5 gripper would have about the same spread and same knurling?

What about the Atomgripz Quad Band gripper? It supposedly rates between 3.2 and 3.5. I'm down in the UK until the summer so I will save on shipping too. What do you guys think about that gripper?

like all grippers, there is variation. My quadband is definitely lighter than my two threes and my ghp7

Are the Elites and MM2s about the same these days?

My BBE rated at 164, so I'd agree so. Felt like the MM2 too.

My Elite, which goes back to 2004 or earlier, is 165. I sold my MM2 because it felt exactly the same as the Elite.

like all grippers, there is variation. My quadband is definitely lighter than my two threes and my ghp7

Wow, that sounds like a triple band. Ever measure the spring to double check it isn't mislabelled?

My triple is around a 130# and my quad is like a 168#. Both are guesses though by feel.