Gnc 200, 250, 300 Vs. Coc # 2, 2.5, 3

familia5az

Why would I want to buy Ironmind's product when the GNC product is very comparable in resistance and less inexpensive? I'm trying to

sell myself on the alleged better quality, etc. of IM however it's tough to justify the cost when their both going to accomplish the same goal. Thoughts? Thx

My set , calibrated by Matt Cannon

GNC 200 - 124

GNC 250 - 149

GNC 300 - 160

Average #2 115-119

2.5 122-128

3 148-154

Narrow handles on the GNC's make the final close some what harder, but the cheapo springs may warp at any point. Just tonight the 200 gave a bit more on a close and is now 1/8 less on the spread. You get what you pay for....

• Like 1

Why would I want to buy Ironmind's product when the GNC product is very comparable in resistance and less inexpensive? I'm trying to

sell myself on the alleged better quality, etc. of IM however it's tough to justify the cost when their both going to accomplish the same goal. Thoughts? Thx

they are pretty bad. i bought a set purely based on them being 3 grippers for 20 bucks. For training with the purpose of getting better I would recommend IM's, GHP's or BB's. For training geared more toward silliness and wondering where you actually are strength wise then I recommend GNC's.

GNC grippers are not good quality. If you are halfway serious about grippers, then get the COC and use the GNC grippers as bridge grippers. I put my GNC 250 in a choker, and it seasoned down to about a 2 1/4 " spread. A COC will not do this.

If Im closing GNC 200 would I be better served to go with a COC # 3 or purchase a 2.5 and a #3? Thx

If Im closing GNC 200 would I be better served to go with a COC # 3 or purchase a 2.5 and a #3? Thx

The GNC 200 is basically a 2.25, so I would say get a #2.5 if you are going to only get one. But, you will eventually order a #3, so if you have the money, you might as well order it now as well, to save on shipping. There is still a noticable difference between the GNC 200 and #2.5. Edited by jchap

I would agree with the above. Although I like GNC grippers for the narrow spread and smaller handles, they are inferior products to Ironmind, BB, GHP. I have bought a few sets, and have had defective grippers in both of the ones I kept for myself. One with grippers that were not labeled with the advertised difficulty, and one with a handle that came off. If you are a gripper nut, $20 for extra grippers is nothing, but if you want value for your money go elsewhere.

i have never touched a gnc gripper. i have a heavy grips gripper 3 IM grippers and 2 GHP grippers. the knurling on the heavy grips is way too slippery. i don't get to use chalk all that often so this makes a difference. i heard the knurling on the gnc's is similar ton the heavy grips.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have some numbers for a Coc 2.5

and a Coc 3 fresh out of package? Thx

Mine were purchased a year ago and rated at 129 lbs and 150 lbs.

• 3 weeks later...

I highly recommend the captains of crush grippers or the beef builder or the GHP series. These are all very high quality grippers made in the USA and they stay the same even with heavy use.