Ghp& Vs Mm1

macaz

I have two goal grippers that I’m getting close to. A MM1 and a Ghp7. The MM1 is @ 161#RGC and the Ghp7 is @150RGC.

The RGC numbers are accurate and have been rechecked a lot and cross calibrated.

Here is the strange thing, I am about the same distance on both grippers from a close (videos attached). The Ghp grippers seem about 10#s harder then they actually rate at. I think Paul Knight found out the same with his GHP8.

Any how it drives me nuts because I can get harder grippers RGC wise than the Ghp7. Any one else noticed this characteristic of the Ghp? The Vulcan has this effect profoundly.

http://youtu.be/PoGRAyCJijI

http://youtu.be/MZxfmmYRr48

Rich, I have noticed my GHP 6 is pretty significantly harder than my #2.5 (129#). I haven't had the GHP 6 rated yet, but most of them are coming in near 135#, correct? It even feels harder than my 145# GNC 250, which is about 3/4" narrower. Not that I'm complaining, as the GHP 6 will be a great bridge to the #3, even though the RGC numbers are much closer to the #2.5.

Rich, I have noticed my GHP 6 is pretty significantly harder than my #2.5 (129#). I haven't had the GHP 6 rated yet, but most of them are coming in near 135#, correct? It even feels harder than my 145# GNC 250, which is about 3/4" narrower. Not that I'm complaining, as the GHP 6 will be a great bridge to the #3, even though the RGC numbers are much closer to the #2.5.

Yes mine is 135# and feels like 145ish.

Just to clarify Im not complaining that they are harder to close then similar rated grippers. They are by far my favorite gripper I own. Its just is a reminder that the RGC is not everything.

I've noticed that the GHP grippers are quite a bit smoother all the way through the sweep then any other gripper I've tried.

My level 6 is quite a bit harder then my #2.5 as well.

Wonder what causes these things to close harder then they are rated at???

I've noticed that the GHP grippers are quite a bit smoother all the way through the sweep then any other gripper I've tried.

My level 6 is quite a bit harder then my #2.5 as well.

Wonder what causes these things to close harder then they are rated at???

I know they are smooth and ramp up in resistance more eavenly. I quess that makes them feel harder. I dont know what makes them that way spring material or tempering process maybe.

Hey Rich, how does the HOS 2.5 compare to your GHP 6? I believe the HOSS is rated at 133#, which puts it at a "hard" #2.5. I had originally planned to wait until I could 1" block set the GHP 6 before I tried to cert the HOSS 2.5, but now I am re-thinking that. I might be ready earlier...

Maybe it has to do with the spread since GHPs have a 3 inch spread and beef builders have a 2.75 inch spread Rich. My GHP 7 actually feels a little easier than my #3 since its so smooth.

Maybe it has to do with the spread since GHPs have a 3 inch spread and beef builders have a 2.75 inch spread Rich. My GHP 7 actually feels a little easier than my #3 since its so smooth.

+1 to that. The one GHP7 I touched was silky smooth and felt like an easy #3. Maybe that's because my #3 is a "hard" 153# due to a bindy crunchy spring...

I agree completely

I have 1 GHP #6, 1 GHP #7, 2 COC #2.5, 3 COC #3.

stregth wise I rate them COC2.5 (#125), COC2.5 (#130), COC3 (#140), GHP 6 (#140), COC3 (150), GHP#7 (153), CoC3 (#160)

^This is what I was going to say as well. The GHP 7 I closed was 153 and while it sure felt tough because of the spread, it was noticeably easier than the MM1, and very smooth all the way in.

Hey Rich, how does the HOS 2.5 compare to your GHP 6? I believe the HOSS is rated at 133#, which puts it at a "hard" #2.5. I had originally planned to wait until I could 1" block set the GHP 6 before I tried to cert the HOSS 2.5, but now I am re-thinking that. I might be ready earlier...

I think if you can close a #6 any set you have a very good chance of getting the Hoss 2.5

The Hoss did feel hard not quite like the 6. It is a little hard for me to compare though because I was finishing KTA when the HOSS arived and my hands were unpredictable, stronng weak strong weak just all over.

I dont know why I didnt think of that. Duh. :huh:

You are more than likley correct.

on a similar note, i struggled for a while to close my ghp 5 despite being able to close grippers that should have rated higher. i haven't rated my 5. i recently closed my 5 which made me happy. i just surmised it was the wider spread that made it harder for me.

spread differences

Congrats on your 5 close. Today was another failure for me. But tomorrow Ill close it.

Congrats on your 5 close. Today was another failure for me. But tomorrow Ill close it.

OK I didnt close it today. But next week for sure???

OK I didnt close it today. But next week for sure???

you'll get it. i got frustrated because i thought my 5 should have been pretty easy b/c i closed many grippers that rated higher. it was something that ate at me for a while because it was new to me and i thought it should have been relatively easy.