Just Closed My Coc#2!

Jones1874

to be honest, i didnt expect to be so happy closing a gripper! i didnt plan on doing this, i was only using the Trainer to get some blood flowing through my hands, then i thought id do a few singles with the 1.5 just for the sake of it, i felt strong so i took the choker off the #2 and just went for it. and BAM! - closed! :)

i should mention that it was only with my left hand though... i didnt even use the 1.5 with my right hand. the knuckles have been a bit sore with my right hand so im trying to rest that for a week or 2 for full recovery.

its only the no.2, nothing to write home about but im just pleased to be slowly moving up the gripper ladder :)

• Like 1

Congratulations! Every one of them is a milestone to be proud of.

Congrats!

Cheers lads! first time ive been excited about a PR in any part of my training for a long time. saying that.. ive only been training again for 4 months, almost 2 of those months doing grip work. i had a serious case of triceps tendonitis so i ended up taking about 2 years off. just happy to be getting back into it! :)

Good job man. Sometimes achievements like this are lost in the mix here. When we have some guys mashing monster grippers.

I remember when I 1st closed my #2 and was super pumped.

Congrats. Keep at it man. :)

Congrats! hitting a gripper goal is an awesome feeling. Keeping setting small goals and knocking them down.

Good job man. Sometimes achievements like this are lost in the mix here. When we have some guys mashing monster grippers.

I remember when I 1st closed my #2 and was super pumped.

Congrats. Keep at it man. :)

Cheers buddy! haha i know, theres some animals here on the board mashing all the big ones closed. without much effort it seems like half the time!

definitely gonna keep at it. feels good getting stronger mitts :)

Congrats! hitting a gripper goal is an awesome feeling. Keeping setting small goals and knocking them down.

Thanks mate. im really happy for myself haha. now ive just got to get it with my right when its healed up, then il be chasing that 2.5! Fun times :grin:

Great work! Each milestone will keep you motivated to close bigger grippers! You will be closing the 2.5 before you know it.

Good job Alex! The #2 is a very respectable gripper to close man. I spent 9 months working hard just to close it for the first time about 10 years ago.

Congrats on smashing that #2 - you deserve your victory!

The #2 is Very good Close. It is a good Milestone. I remember when I First Closed the #2 and I was also Pumped. Congrat's.

Way to go man! I'm working on the #2 right now. This is great encouragement! :D

Thanks again lads :)

Way to go man! I'm working on the #2 right now. This is great encouragement! :D

i dont hear that too often so thats good to hear! cheers mate, and good luck with your training goals!

The #2 is a stout gripper. Leave the gripboard and you won't find many who can close it. Congrats.

I wont be leaving any time soon bud ;)

Just posting to say i finally closed the COC#2 with my right hand today! so now i can say that ive officially closed the #2 :grin:

not trying to milk it since ive already had a lot of feedback. just getting it there before there thread dies out.

Id love to close the #3 by the end of the year but we'll just have to see.. next step, the #2.5! :)

Just posting to say i finally closed the COC#2 with my right hand today! so now i can say that ive officially closed the #2 :grin:

not trying to milk it since ive already had a lot of feedback. just getting it there before there thread dies out.

Id love to close the #3 by the end of the year but we'll just have to see.. next step, the #2.5! :)

Great work! Make sure you keep a workout log. It will help you stay motivated, and track your progress.

Great work! Make sure you keep a workout log. It will help you stay motivated, and track your progress.

Thanks Buddy :) i write my grip sessions down on paper as im training. i think if i wrote online i would feel more pressure, like i have more to prove.. if you get what i mean. il have to get hold of a camera though, otherwise people are gonna be thinking im full of bull !

Thanks Buddy :) i write my grip sessions down on paper as im training. i think if i wrote online i would feel more pressure, like i have more to prove.. if you get what i mean. il have to get hold of a camera though, otherwise people are gonna be thinking im full of bull !

I do both, an online training blog, which I am kinda not doing at the moment, and my personal log. If you make one on here, people can give you feedback on your training to help you progress, etc. If you get a camera, record all of your max effort closes, and then critique them. It's nice to watch yourself close grippers from a different view. You can see where you need improvement, and also see what you're doing right.

to be honest, i didnt expect to be so happy closing a gripper! i didnt plan on doing this, i was only using the Trainer to get some blood flowing through my hands, then i thought id do a few singles with the 1.5 just for the sake of it, i felt strong so i took the choker off the #2 and just went for it. and BAM! - closed! :)

i should mention that it was only with my left hand though... i didnt even use the 1.5 with my right hand. the knuckles have been a bit sore with my right hand so im trying to rest that for a week or 2 for full recovery.

its only the no.2, nothing to write home about but im just pleased to be slowly moving up the gripper ladder :)

Congrats, it's a great feeling to close a gripper that you haven't closed before...onwards and upwards :rock