For Those Of You That Do Not Know.

Rick Walker

J.V. Askem passed away yesterday morning.

Though I did not know him personally-I found his writings to be extremely interesting and motivating. He helped me in many ways even without direct contact.

The strength community morns the loss of this great man!

God Bless J.V. and "Keep the bar loaded!"

Rick Walker :rock

Rick,

This is very sad news. I just posted one of his links the other day, and while I did... I thought about him and wondered what he was doing, and if he was fighting the good fight. He posted on another board about his condition and said that he only had a few months to live. I am saddened by his passing. We have lost one of the greats in the world of strength. :sleep

Edited by Sybersnott

This is very sad news indeed. J.V. was a wealth of weightlifting and training knowledge. My condolences go out to his family.

It is always very sad to hear of someone passing

away, but I think it also may help bring others

closer together :( just my thoughts

Matt

This is indeed sad news. I just started squatting in socks, per his article in the latest Milo. He was truly a wealth of knowledge, and I will miss his writings tremendously.

Mike

Guest blueboles

I only hope when I go on, that I am remarked about as kindly as he was. He must have been a great man, to get many thoughtful replies from so many people. My stepfather died of brain cancer when I was 18. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. My prayers go out.

Kelley :(

J.V.ASKEM R.I.P.

So glad you was able to pass on a lot of your knowledge and expertise in the iron sport,we are all the richer for it. :bow

That's too bad... a living legend takes his final step. What was the cause of death?

Condolences to his family and friends. Even though we all knew it was coming it is still a shock. On his site he posted about his condition and his attempts at recovery. He faced it with great bravery.

He also helped alot of people.

j.v. helped a lot of people, myself included, in his time here on earth. while i, like many, never spoke to him personally he was still a tremendous help though his articles, website, and postings on various boards (esp. OSSTB). God bless him and his loved ones. he will be missed.

I never met him, but I had exchanged a few e-mails with him in the past. I e-mailed him just before Christman on a subject and that's when I found out about his illness. I just logged onto his site over the weekend for an update, but it hadn't changed, so I was hoping maybe his condition had stabilized. Thanks for the update, Rick. He certainly was a wealth of information and had an immense love for the strength game. RIP JV.