Lot's Of Grip Toys

JeffPeterson

I was at Warren Tettings today to get a new gripper, and have some fun. I tried the "secret weapon", a perfect plate loaded gripper machine, the super gripper and a hub implement lift and some thick handled dumbell work. I had a blast. I had him make me a special elite. I had him jam the handles up as high as possible without it blocking the spring. This elite, although narrower, now is much harder then my old elite.

Warren is putting together a website in the next two weeks. If anyone cares I'll post the link when I get it. Going back Friday to pick up the rest of my order.

I was at Warren Tettings today to get a new gripper, and have some fun. I tried the "secret weapon", a perfect plate loaded gripper machine, the super gripper and a hub implement lift and some thick handled dumbell work. I had a blast. I had him make me a special elite. I had him jam the handles up as high as possible without it blocking the spring. This elite, although narrower, now is much harder then my old elite.

Warren is putting together a website in the next two weeks. If anyone cares I'll post the link when I get it. Going back Friday to pick up the rest of my order.

The grippers he made for WW are too narrow IMO.

IMO, there is a distinct advantage in closing a narrower gripper.

I keep saying my elite is no harder than a good 3, but I am able to EXPLODE right in my power zone and close the thing due to the narrow handles.

I'm not able to explode into any kind of power zone so it's a good tool for me.

I'm not able to explode into any kind of power zone so it's a good tool for me.

Come on Jeff, you were certified so you must have some explosion in ya. :cool

Guest Mikael Siversson

The grippers he made for WW are too narrow IMO.

IMO, there is a distinct advantage in closing a narrower gripper.

I keep saying my elite is no harder than a good 3, but I am able to EXPLODE right in my power zone and close the thing due to the narrow handles.

I have seen this before with guys being able to close a hard but narrow grippers, only to then fail on a much wider, but in my view easier gripper. I think the width of the WW grippers is fine. You obviously have a strong crush but maybe weak thumbs (=problems setting a wide gripper). At the Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge we don't use grippers wider than 75 mm as these cause problems for some competitors. We want it to be a demonstration of crushing strength rather than a test of "setting a wide and therefore tricky gripper".

I prefer wider grippers. The only reason I got this gripper was becasue of the dangerously high set of the handles on the spring, which made it tough. Because of this it came out a little narrow, I'll deal with it, because I now have another stepping stone between me and the four.

Jeff, please tell me you got some pics of your adventure with Mr. Tetting....

I didn't get any picture. I'm going back friday with a buddy who owns a digital camera. Maybe he'll bring it and I can get some pics.