Made An Inch Trainer

Jeff Parker

I finished my Inch dumbbell trainer today. Its made from 3 Iron Grip dumbbells. Two 50's and one 30. Handle is a 2.5" solid round. My friend did most of the welding, I did most of the grinding, took about 4 hours with the both of us working at the same time. Cool thing is the total cost to me was $12. All I had to buy was the handle. I got the dumbbells free from a guy on craigslist I bought equipment from.

Total weight comes out to 137lbs.

First lift.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10297

Next to a 40lber for comparison

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10298

Couldn't figure out how to post the image from my gallery in the post.

Awesome..nice work

Hey that is nice!

Thanks guys

The plan is to dominate the dumbbell with both hands, then weld some small loading ends on to up the weight.

I kind of like the rustic look of it, but Ive also been toying with the idea of painting it.

I kind of like the rustic look of it, but Ive also been toying with the idea of painting it.

I would love to have one rusty big dumbbell laying on my yard. If I just had a yard :D

I love the ingenuity you have displayed - great job on a great training tool!

Nice. I am having something like that made up now. What is the diameter of the dumbbells that you cut?

Nice. I am having something like that made up now. What is the diameter of the dumbbells that you cut?

6.25"

So you did not start with hex dumbbells?

No, I don't know if that would even be possible. Iron Grip used to make completley round dumbbells. Now I think they all look like this

ig-urethane-80-200.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New paint job and a name for the trainer. Big Tuna

IMAG0317.jpg

New baby trainer. Small Fry. Welding cast is tough, and brittle. This one is not made for dropping, but if I just get in solid lifts and set it down instead of dropping it, it should last. 101lbs. Plates were free, handle was 12 bucks and I learned a lot about welding.

IMAG0318.jpg

• Like 1