Epana Grip Contest Vol2. 25.3 2012

Juha Harju

Species:

One Hand Euro Pinch ( 4 attempts, rising bar)

Plate 5mmx20mm 20kg Timehold ( 2 attempts, free style or key style)

Ring 20.5kg Timehold ( 2 attempts)

INCH Lift (reps) No tilt allowed

Referee: Juha Harju

Good to see the 1HP contested. I think I may hold all WR's (46.20k) from the 83k class to the 120k class and we can't have that (as they did not weigh David Horne and Bob Russel on a certified/point-calibrated scale). David holds the 120k+ record at 51.40k and Bob would be #2 in that class.

Are you testing both hands in the 1HP?

Good luck with the competition.

What does 52.5kg/49.5kg refer to?

52.5kg left and 49.5kg right hand pull to 42cm mark

I still don't get the title. You perform two one hand pinch lifts, both set ups without added plates.

I still don't get the title. You perform two one hand pinch lifts, both set ups without added plates.

My training pr is 52.5kg/49.5kg. Pulled two years ago.

Aha, very good. I hope to see a new WR in the 1HP in 120k+ at your contest. Don't disappoint me (no pressure).

• 2 weeks later...

Species:

Men

Plate 5mmx20mm 20kg Timehold ( 2 attempts, free style or key style)

Ring 20.5kg Timehold ( 2 attempts)

INCH Lift (reps) No tilt allowed

Women

Grippers with 20mm Block (rising bar)

2" V-Bar (4 attempts)

Referee: Juha Harju

Competition starts after 12 pm ( when Laplanders has arrived)

Do you have a certified scale to weigh the competittors on? If not, do you understand the requirements for point calibration? Most don't, much to the frustration of me (and several if not all members of the grip collective I believe). Point calibration needs to be done at the weighclass boundaries (about a dozen of them now for males and females) and nowhere else for uncertified scales. For example, for the 74k class, you need to use certified plates or a calibrated Euro set up/vbar set up etc. with a verified weight (which in itself also carries an approved margin of error; 10 grams or 0.25% in IPF) closer to 74k than to 73k or 75k in order to establish the margin of error at 74k. If the scale shows 0.4k too much at 73.6 in measured weights you can assume that it also shows 0.4k too much at the 74k weightclass boundary.

Without proper point calibration we end up with all these competition results in a state of limbo pending rulings by the collective.

• 1 month later...

Good stuff guys and gals!

Thanks Ben! It was good and demanding contest.

Very cool, everybody competes at his own level, it's about setting your own pr's and everybody cheering for you on getting them.

Nice event to watch indeed.

Congrats to all the new WR holders in the 1HP. Looks like a great contest. Before I add the results to the records list I just need to ask you Juha the same question I ask all organisers; did you use a certified scale for the weigh-in (certified within the last 12 months)? If not, did you point calibrate the scale at all relevant weight class boundaries?

Just got back from an trip to Canada by the way, which is why I have not updated the lists recently.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Congrats to all the new WR holders in the 1HP. Looks like a great contest. Before I add the results to the records list I just need to ask you Juha the same question I ask all organisers; did you use a certified scale for the weigh-in (certified within the last 12 months)? If not, did you point calibrate the scale at all relevant weight class boundaries?

Just got back from an trip to Canada by the way, which is why I have not updated the lists recently.

Yep. We used certified scale certified within the last 12 months.