Ever Had One Of Those Day's?

Gripper42004

Ever had one of those day's Where yer strength has left the building like Elvis :( & then you start to think about this,somebody comes along & close's a #3 & almost a #4 the first time they touch them. Is it all worth it? or should you give up & learn how to make a quilt :cry Hard work does pay off,but it takes to long.So I guess you have to stay positive & never give up!!!!! :rock:rock

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER"

What's ur address. I'm putting in a needle and a cotton reel. :P

Remember u compare u against u first.

I would be lying to you if I said I was grip strong all the time... I'm not. I'm sure that there are others here that are the same way.

My grip strength tends to come and go depending on what I am doing at the time. If I have any question about it, I just pick up my #3 and try a close. Some days I mash it clean. Other days, well... :(

Steve you are right when you say "You compare you to yourself first"

The only person that can make you wanna train harder and get

better is "YOURSELF" everyone else is just motivation for you :ohmy

At least that is the way I look at it

Matt

Why would you want it to come easy???

Busting your rump for it makes it FUN :D:yikes

Rick Walker :rock

If you can knit I would like a XXXXL sweater. :whistel In a beautiful carolina blue. Leave the sleeves off please.

Note the Underlying Quote:

Guest Chris Mellen

Gripper32001, I had such a day yesterday.

My grip training went poorly. I could barely close a #1 (filed), which was embarassing. Not sure why. Could be any number of things.

I just jammed it shut for overcrushers and kept going. I was so pissed off about that that I "tore it down" at the gym later. :)

I know it's hackneyed, but if you didn't have a bad day, you wouldn't know the good ones. Just hammer through the work and know that it will improve in time--inevitably.

--Chris

I'll tell you why I would like it to come easily. Because I have busted my rump since 1998 and on my best day I am still mediocre when compaired to some on this board. If it came easily, now after 5 years of rump bustin' labor I might count myself amongst the gifted. Just because I am not strong doesn't mean I'm not trying!! Everyone has a limit, it would be nice if mine were a little higher, that's all. Sorry for the rant ... I know what you're talking about Tommy.

Mike M.

supersqueeze,

I don't know how to respond. Is your goal to close the #3? If so, we can help you. If it's just to be grip strong much more than the average man, you might be there now. I'm thinking you'll have to just work harder at it - that's what I did, and I didn't accept anything less.

I'm reminded of the movie, "A League Of Their Own", with Tom Hanks and Geena Davis. At one part of the movie, she tells him she's quiting the team. He asks her why, and her response is... "it just got too hard".

He said, "It's supposed to be hard. If it were easy, then everyone would be doing it. The hard is what makes it great.

Not everyone can close the #3. Many have tried and failed. Those who apply themselves toward reaching that goal will succeed.

Don't give up. Train harder. You've gotta want it. Tell yourself that you want to reach that goal. Then set out and do just that.

Snott - I'm not about to give up grip. Nor am I particularly demoralized. In fact, I love it! I was only trying to point out that just because you start out at a high level (or low level) does not mean you will work any less. I am not ashamed to wish I had more talent for grip. But you are correct, I probably do have more talent and strength than joe average. I'm just greedy ... I WANT MORE!!

Mike M.