Ghp 2 Sets Calibrated

macaz

Got Joe’s GHP set in the mail to calibrate them. Very consistent numbers between ours until the #8 and 9. I got a hard #9 and an easy #8. Joe’s #8 are more in line with Paul Knight got on his.

Mine....... Joe’s

GHP1= 47.5....... 48.5

GHP2= 62.9 ...... 63.7

GHP3= 87.7...... 86.3

GHP4= 92.8..... 92.4

GHP5= 112.3 ..... 114.5

GHP6= 135.0..... 133.5

GHP7= 149.1 ..... 151.1

GHP8= 169.4 ..... 176.0

GHP9= 226.3 ..... 218.8

GHP10=268.9 ..... ????

The bold type does not mean anything. I copied and pasted some of the #s and I got rid of in WORD but it still shows up when posted. I have no idea why

I like the number on Joe's L8 better :D

Not if you are closing it brother. Kidding you can handle it.

Have you found the time to cal yours?

Got Joe’s GHP set in the mail to calibrate them. Very consistent numbers between ours until the #8 and 9. I got a hard #9 and an easy #8. Joe’s #8 are more in line with Paul Knight got on his.

Mine....... Joe’s

GHP1= 47.5....... 48.5

GHP2= 62.9 ...... 63.7

GHP3= 87.7...... 86.3

GHP4= 92.8..... 92.4

GHP5= 112.3 ..... 114.5

GHP6= 135.0..... 133.5

GHP7= 149.1 ..... 151.1

GHP8= 169.4 ..... 176.0

GHP9= 226.3 ..... 218.8

GHP10=268.9 ..... ????

Thanks for doing this Rich.

Wade

Mine....... Joe’s

GHP1= 47.5....... 48.5

GHP2= 62.9 ...... 63.7

GHP3= 87.7...... 86.3

GHP4= 92.8..... 92.4

GHP5= 112.3 ..... 114.5

GHP6= 135.0..... 133.5

GHP7= 149.1 ..... 151.1

GHP8= 169.4 ..... 176.0

GHP9= 226.3 ..... 218.8

GHP10=268.9 ..... ????

Thanks for doing this Rich.

Wade

Yes! Thanks Rich!

I certainly appreciate you helping me out.

Actually you are doing everyone involved in grippers a huge favor by calibrating all those grippers

and sharing your results.

I vote that we nickname you "The Calibrator"!!!

What do you think?

Thanks a MILLION Rich!!!

Ok, so i understand the hardest GHP7 was measured at 151.1. I understand the GHP7 can be used for MM0 certification.

But when I look at the GSS RGC ratings, the max IM#3 was measured at around 171 lbs. Is it save to say that the average GHP7 is a LITTLE bit

'easier' than the average IM#3? Or would the differences be neglectible? Anyone? Does it make the GHP8 a good inbetween gripper maybe for training for the IM#3.5, if we compare those (as the COC's still seem to be the standard in measurements)?

Edited by Geralt

Ok, so i understand the hardest GHP7 was measured at 151.1. I understand the GHP7 can be used for MM0 certification.

But when I look at the GSS RGC ratings, the max IM#3 was measured at around 171 lbs. Is it save to say that the average GHP7 is a LITTLE bit

'easier' than the average IM#3? Or would the differences be neglectible? Anyone? Does it make the GHP8 a good inbetween gripper maybe for training for the IM#3.5, if we compare those (as the COC's still seem to be the standard in measurements)?

They are a bit harder to close then the RGC #s reveal. The springs ramp up smother and faster so the overall effort is greater. Plus #3s are usually around 152 ish. Just because one was a 171 # freak does not mean they are way harder. There have been a million of 3s calibrated but only a handful of GHPs so there is probably a freak GHP 7 out there too.

Joe thanks. The calibrator nickname is fine with me. It is better than what most people are probably thinking. I would guess with all my calibrations people are thinking "NUT CASE" :ninja:

Maybe "the Rater"?

They really are ratings.

I think "Calibrator" would be more fitting due to the fact that you never read where one

mentions having their grippers rated. At least I've never heard it mentioned that way.

Matt, I do agree that they are ratings. I like it when people are precise. Good observation!

RGC Redneck Gripper Calibration. It is fitting to have the wrong term if it is redneck. Know what I mean.

Or we could adopt the EPGR the Educated Person Gripper Rating but that is no fun.

• Like 1

Maybe "the Rater"?

They really are ratings.

I think "Calibrator" would be more fitting due to the fact that you never read where one

mentions having their grippers rated. At least I've never heard it mentioned that way.

Matt, I do agree that they are ratings. I like it when people are precise. Good observation!

I try to say rating when it comes to grippers and plates that are weighed. Working in a chemical plant requires proper terminology. Probably the same reason it sounds funny when people say NIC card.