Best Way To Get Hands More Muscular?

yummy

Hey I'm new to grip training but I'm looking for ways to get my hands thicker/ more muscular. Like you know those older guys who work with their hands a lot and just have really thick hands that are really vascular and just look a lot more muscular-plus have really strong handshake/grip ext- I want to achieve that look. Not too concerned with forearm size but looking to just get a bigger/stronger hand.

Right now doing grip 3x a week-after lifting- I do few light sets of gripper reps of 20 say then move on to my max grip effort of reps of 1-5 for 5 sets. Then Ill do some thick bar rows-using fat grips- as well as static holds with the fat grips. Any other exercercises or rep ranges to help improve hand size?

There is another thread about this right now, maybe check that out. It seems that this is going to depend on your own genetics. I've been diligently training grip and pinch since 2006. I've gotten a lot stronger, and my forearms changed, but my hands are the same as the day I started.

Hey I'm new to grip training but I'm looking for ways to get my hands thicker/ more muscular. Like you know those older guys who work with their hands a lot and just have really thick hands that are really vascular and just look a lot more muscular-plus have really strong handshake/grip ext- I want to achieve that look. Not too concerned with forearm size but looking to just get a bigger/stronger hand.

Right now doing grip 3x a week-after lifting- I do few light sets of gripper reps of 20 say then move on to my max grip effort of reps of 1-5 for 5 sets. Then Ill do some thick bar rows-using fat grips- as well as static holds with the fat grips. Any other exercercises or rep ranges to help improve hand size?

See my response here: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=37908&pid=527927&st=20entry527927

Hope this helps!

Become a block layer - you'll get thick strong hands and make a pretty fair living as well. Seriously if there is a "secret" it's to pick your parents well, lots of hard work, and time - lots of time - probably measured in decades.

Become a block layer - you'll get thick strong hands and make a pretty fair living as well. Seriously if there is a "secret" it's to pick your parents well, lots of hard work, and time - lots of time - probably measured in decades.

i worked 7 days a week for 3 weeks as a laborer on a masonry crew back in collesge. when i went back to school for summer football workouts, my hands took 2 weeks to recover. it was very taxing hand work and certainly would develop incredibly strong hands, arms, and shoulders.

Ive been grip training for about 4 years off and on. Armwrestler, so its a little different, however i'm 175lbs and my hands, fingers, everything are bigger and stronger. When I really hit the grippers hard, I know it the next day when I wake up my hands are swollen, tight and really just blown up. So, for me and my answer to you, tear those grippers up, train, train then train some more, your hands will swell. Im at the point that mostly everything I do is with a fat grip, so, when I hit the gym, my hands swell just from the emphasis I put on them during training.

i had a thread asking basically the same thing. a member on the board called rico uploaded the video below, where he demonstrates a pinch device made out of wood. after making one and using it myself, i personally think this simple tool is gonna do the most for making your hands grow, especially the palm.

i use it for 2 long sets of anything between 30-50 reps to finish my grip workout. i have to say, i get a great pump in the palms of my hands. and its quite prominent because it seems to emphasise the line / crease between your wrist and hand.

check it out. i made one in 5-10 minutes, maximum.