Crushed-to-Dust (CTD) Challenge

Randall Strossen

I'm probably going to mess this up as it's my first attempt at posting a new topic, but I wanted to make sure that guys here new that the IronMind Crushed-to-Dust Challenge is kicking off this weekend:

http://www.ironmind....f_Tomorrow.html

The idea behind this challenge was to set respectable but achievable levels on some well-established feats of grip strength and then recognize anyone who can demonstrate mastery of them.

Some of these elements would be pretty easy for at least some members here, but knocking off all three is nothing to sneeze at, IMHO even if you're way up there in the grip strength world, and the CTD Challenge can also be used to introduce more people to grip strength.

I messed up the title—it was supposed to be Crushed-to-Dust (CTD) Challenge

Edited by Randall Strossen

Randall - one thing I am still unclear on. Is the weight on the hub the plate or the total weight? I assume total to resemble a plate lift but thought I would ask to be sure?

Randall - one thing I am still unclear on. Is the weight on the hub the plate or the total weight? I assume total to resemble a plate lift but thought I would ask to be sure?

I thought he was saying total weight. Looked like it was "an Olympic Pin", which would mean that if it was not, you are looking at 50 lbs total.

Good challenge. I think 200 on a new RT is a huge lift.

I agree, I could do the first two, but 200 lbs on the RT is likely not going to happen for me. I would guess that one will separate the men from the boys (or women from the girls). I need to keep training the fat bars to get that. Or do more one arm hangs or something.