Most Common Question On The Hotline

Sybersnott

I get a lot of different questions on the Grip Hotline (877-571-7486/toll-free 24/7), but the most common one is this:

What is the difference between the BB Master and the IronMind #2?

Answer:  the BB Master is the "old style" version of the #2 when it first came out.  The handles are a bit wider on the BB Master, and the spring JUST A BIT tougher.  My personal take on the BB Master is this:  use it as a gripper BETWEEN closing the #2 and attempting to close the #3.  It REALLY helps a lot.  You can get the BB Master at Weightlifter's Warehouse.

http://www.weightlifterswarehouse.com

And..... keep those questions coming!

• 2 months later...

You can contact IronMind at 530-265-6725, and ask them about sales in the UK/Europe area.  Or go to their website, and leave a message.

I have a lot of grip newbies wanting to contact me, and don't know the number of the hotline - so here it is:

It's toll-free, 24/7, at:  1-877-571-7486  (leave your name, your question, and your number - I'll get back to you as soon as I can)

E-mail:  captainsofcrush@ureach.com

Snail mail:     P.M.B. # 118

2900 Delk Road - Suite 700

Marietta, GA   30067-5320

Guest simon lodge

Hi Sybersnott

Thank you for putting that message on the board, iv just orderd the BB MASTER, i was wandering if it was worth ordering, as you are saying it's the next step up from the COC # 2 so i hope it helps me get a little closer to COC # 3.

Simon

• 2 years later...

Hey sybersnott, I know this is an old thread but when I asked this question on a recent thread I got no responses. I would like to know the difference between the old beef builder that was available in six strengths vs. the new beefbuilder available in eleven strengths that I know of.

On the old posts the bbm was considered an in between coc#2 and a coc#3, where as in the more recent post I keep reading that the bbsm is the tweener to the #2 and #3. Are they about the same resistance wise? Can I still get a hold of the old beefbuilders that were available in six strengths? Your response would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

Strange.

I have a BBM and it is easier then all of my #2s.

Rick Walker :rock

I am pretty sure that the Master grippers sold today are all easier than #2s.

I wouldn't be too sure on that one. What is the newest one you have tried? I know Warren has made a jig to try and make all the grippers more uniform and when hes making them the handles are being placed up alot higher then they have been lately. I know some guys who just got new elites that they feel are closer to #4's while in the past alot of guys were getting elites that weren't much tougher than #3's.

Gerry, based on wire size (.235 vs. .250), the BBSA is tougher than the COC #1. I have both, and I would rate my BBSA a good 1.5. Mike