Will Coc, Ghp Or The Vulcan Grippers Lose Much Strength After Being Se

Jones1874

im asking about these 3 grippers since i own some COC grippers, i have a Vulcan V2 on the way, and i plan to get some GHP grippers in the future.

recently ive read a few posts about people saying, for example: they had an "easy #2.5" or a " hard #2.5" ... so i was just wondering if it varies much? because i dont plan on paying to get the strength tested. is there really that much difference in the same rated gripper, going from person to person?

Thanks.

I've rated a 138 pound #3 and and a 154 pound #3 (maybe higher, can't recall), and have heard of even harder #3s. The Tetting grippers have varied similarly. Thus far the Gillingham grippers are very consistent, but keep in mind that some "batches" of springs tend to be pretty consistent.

im asking about these 3 grippers since i own some COC grippers, i have a Vulcan V2 on the way, and i plan to get some GHP grippers in the future.

recently ive read a few posts about people saying, for example: they had an "easy #2.5" or a " hard #2.5" ... so i was just wondering if it varies much? because i dont plan on paying to get the strength tested. is there really that much difference in the same rated gripper, going from person to person?

Thanks.

I can't speak for the others, but Captains of Crush Grippers are amazingly consistent, although this doesn't mean you won't hear easy this or hard that—subjective impressions are pretty powerful when it comes to grippers. Also, I should point out that IronMind has been in the gripper business for over 20 years and even though even our earliest grippers were no slouches in the consistency department, we made a lot of progress over the years, so when someone points to an easy/hard this or that, it might well be a gripper from an earlier era. If you want to read more about this, the Captains of Crush book has quite a bit of detail on this subject.

To me, it's ironic that sometimes a superficial focus on gripper accuracy has spawned the most inaccurate comments about grippers, but that's not to say that your basic concern is not legitimate.

I think the quick, good answer to your basic question remains the one that IronMind initially introduced over a decade ago: grippers are analogous to uncalibrated barbell plates . . . even the best are not perfect, but they are pretty good. And there is even better news: you can get stronger training on even the worst grippers in the world.

• Like 1

thanks for the comments lads. very helpful. im thinking of picking up some COC or GHP grippers soon, do you think its worth me doing this if i already have a vulcan on the way? or would this be a waste of money?

thanks for the comments lads. very helpful. im thinking of picking up some COC or GHP grippers soon, do you think its worth me doing this if i already have a vulcan on the way? or would this be a waste of money?

TSGs like the CoC and the GHP are very different than a Vulcan gripper which uses an extension spring. Its great that you are getting a V2 and you will certainly build up a massive setting ability with that. To get good with TSGs you need to have TSGs. So I would recommend getting both to ideally help you progress.

-Jordan

Thanks for the quick response! i think il do just that. im really liking the look of those GHP grippers. they seem like really top notch grippers. im not far off closing the COC #2, so if i go with the GHPs should i get 4 - 9?

EDIT: do you know if they do discount if you buy them in bulk?

Thanks.

Edited by alexjones234

I would also add in that grippers that have a very close RGC number can feel vastly different.

Thanks for the quick response! i think il do just that. im really liking the look of those GHP grippers. they seem like really top notch grippers. im not far off closing the COC #2, so if i go with the GHPs should i get 4 - 9?

EDIT: do you know if they do discount if you buy them in bulk?

Thanks.

You should probably be looking at the GHP 4 and 5. This should bracket your current closing strength. As far as bulk discounts, it's something we will be looking at in a few months after our supply is nailed down better. We will likely be offering the Beginner series (1-3), the Novice series (4-5), and Professional series (6-9), at special package pricing and the whole group of 10 at a package price as well. Thanks.

Wade

Ok, Cheers Wade. il look to getting the 4 + 5 pretty soon. it all depends on my funds because ive got a few outgoings at the minute.