• Jedd Johnson (USA)
    • Chris Rice (USA)
    • Aaron Corcorran (USA)
    • Eric Milfeld (USA)
    • Bob Lipinski (USA)
    • Jarrod Riordan (Australia)
    • Seung-Min Bae (South Korea)

Please vote for the 5 members of the International Grip Collective

Please vote 5 times, for the 5 individuals.

Will let the poll run for 7 days

Voting has ended - the five have been voted for

World of grip added to Gripboard votes

David Horne (UK) 19 + 28 = 47

Jedd Johnson (USA) 15 + 28 = 43

Chris Rice (USA) 14 + 23 = 37

Eric Milfeld (USA) 10 + 22 = 32

Aaron Corcorran (USA) 10 + 15 = 25

Jarrod Riordan (Australia) 11 + 13 = 24

Bob Lipinski (USA) 6 + 17 = 23

Seung-Min Bae (South Korea) 7 + 13 = 20

Well done to all who stood.

Congrats to all the candidates, it looks like we will have a good mix of talents that will add something that only they can add!

Voting has ended - the five have been voted for

World of grip added to Gripboard votes

David Horne (UK) 19 + 28 = 47

Jedd Johnson (USA) 15 + 28 = 43

Chris Rice (USA) 14 + 23 = 37

Eric Milfeld (USA) 10 + 22 = 32

Aaron Corcorran (USA) 10 + 15 = 25

Jarrod Riordan (Australia) 11 + 13 = 24

Bob Lipinski (USA) 6 + 17 = 23

Seung-Min Bae (South Korea) 7 + 13 = 20

Well done to all who stood.

This doesn't make sense to me .... it is suppose to be an International grip collective ... 4 of the 5 are from the US

I think the gentleman from Korea had a lot to bring to the table based on a post by David. I don't know much about Jarrod but at least he's from somewhere other than the US. Maybe there simply needs to be more than 5, after all there are more than 5 countries. Maybe we should limit the number of reps from each country not the total number of reps .... My 2 cents. Sorry I'm just now chiming in on this, it happened so fast

It's going to be hard enough to get 5 people to agree - adding more will only make it worse - regardless of where they are from. We have seen what trying to run things through a forum setting where everyone has their say - it obviously doesn't work. It's too much for one. David had a poll on how many people felt were needed - answer was 5. We held a poll of "who" - we have our answer. These kinds of comments should have been raised long before - not now. If people are not willing to at least allow the five chosen to do their jobs and see what comes out of it - all is lost before we start. The best way I know to make sure absolutely nothing gets accomplished is to put to many people in the room.

It's going to be hard enough to get 5 people to agree - adding more will only make it worse - regardless of where they are from. We have seen what trying to run things through a forum setting where everyone has their say - it obviously doesn't work. It's too much for one. David had a poll on how many people felt were needed - answer was 5. We held a poll of "who" - we have our answer. These kinds of comments should have been raised long before - not now. If people are not willing to at least allow the five chosen to do their jobs and see what comes out of it - all is lost before we start. The best way I know to make sure absolutely nothing gets accomplished is to put to many people in the room.

Fair enough, I guess it has to start somewhere ... that being said, maybe others can be brought on from other countries in the future when the ball is rolling otherwise it is not an international collective plain and simple, it's only a US and UK collective. How is anyone going to communicate with Korea? Regarding the fact that the comments should have been brought up before - I agree, but there wasn't enough time for comments to be brought up. Myself and I'm sure others didn't get a chance to vote or even see that voting was taking place until it was too late. I agree with everything you are saying Chris including the fact that organizing something like this on a forum doesn't work, but that is exactly what is happening. Know what I mean? Anyways, absolutely, give the chosen 5 a chance to make it work because it needs to happen for Gripsport. I'm really not trying to be a killjoy or stop progress in anyway as I'm all about seeing things happen. I just felt like l needed to point that out, not go back to the drawing board necessarily and start over. Just something to consider once the collective is more established.

Edited by Paul Knight

Hello,

Thank you all who have participated in this poll. (I didn't know that there had been a poll in gripboard.com as well until David Horne posted the result on his forum.) Honestly, I'm happy about the results because a lot of people have voted on me and Jarrod from Australia although they didn't even have a chance and enough time to get to know us. Thank you, all!

Paul, thank you for your support and kind words! It means a lot to me and gripsters in Korea. I just want to make sure that Korea and other countries can still communicate for the future of grip sport, especially thanks to the Internet. (grip forums, facebook, etc.) The only problem is "language barrier," which I will keep trying to break the wall as much as I can.

Again, thank you guys and stay in touch!

Seung-Min Bae

Paul,

I posted somewhere, here or my forum, that I wanted to see more non american names put there name forward, but only Jarrod and Seung did. They are both very passionate about the sport, but I suppose against the other names on the list they were not as well known.

But yes like you I'd like to see a balanced (continent wise) collective in the future. But you cannot drag people to do this, and many thanks to all who put there name forward.

I have had some emails already from Jedd and Chris, and I will view them soon.

Hi All,

I want to Thank Everyone that Voted for Me on this Forum. I am Very surprised I got this many Vote's considering not many of You know Me. A better Team couldn't have been Voted for as all 5 of You are Top Shelf Grip Athlete's and have Contributed a Lot to the Sport. You may have seen Me Post on the DH Forum and Bender's Battlefield. I will start Posting on Here also. Thanks again.

Jarrod

Hi All,

I want to Thank Everyone that Voted for Me on this Forum. I am Very surprised I got this many Vote's considering not many of You know Me. A better Team couldn't have been Voted for as all 5 of You are Top Shelf Grip Athlete's and have Contributed a Lot to the Sport. You may have seen Me Post on the DH Forum and Bender's Battlefield. I will start Posting on Here also. Thanks again.

Jarrod

Hey, Jarrod! Ideally there should, of course, be representation from all competing nations. As you've alluded to, people are just leery of voting for someone they know little of. Lookin' forward to your presence here on the board!

Hi All,

Jarrod

Hey, Jarrod! Ideally there should, of course, be representation from all competing nations. As you've alluded to, people are just leery of voting for someone they know little of. Lookin' forward to your presence here on the board!

i completely Understand Eric. That is why I was so Honored to have this many Vote's on both This Forum and the Horne Forum. And I see some good thing's have already come out of the IGC with the Weight Class's.