How Long Do You Want The Five In For?

David Horne

25 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you want the five in for?

• 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 3 years
    • 4 years
    • 5 years

Before you vote 5 people in to the International Grip Collective.

How long do you want them in for, before a re-election?

Personally I think 2 years is a good length of time. But let's see what everyone thinks.

I'll run this poll for 4 days

I think at least 1 or 2 of the original group should stay on longer than the others so that as more people are added to the group there is always at least 1 or 2 veterans.

A sort of rotating board with people coming and going - like most political positions - is a good idea I think. Good thinking Jedd.

Might want to close the how many poll if the number is decided already.

I voted 1 year. People will probably stay in longer and will be chosen in each year. As time goes people will leave and new ones will enter. The life cycle takes care of iteself. Also at 1 year it keeps things current. I personally don't want an inactive person in the collective. Promote or play at least once a year to be elidgible for office.

The how many vote rolls for 2 days, and finishes on Wed 10am UK time. But it does look like it is 5, as this amount has been mostly voted for.

But it's close between 1 and 2 years combining both forums results so far.

I year, I agree, people come and go for various reasons, family, kids ,time, whatever, I say 1 year, but it would be cool to hg ave 2veterians stay on for 2years, this will keep them in the minority, but they can still lead and teach the new guys.

I would like to really see richard sorin sit on this board of directors, if that means anything to anyone. Could a friend of his ask him?

I really like the idea that any person is there for 1 year, but overall only two or three people change every year so it's more like a revolving door instead of 5 new people starting over every year.

I year, I agree, people come and go for various reasons, family, kids ,time, whatever, I say 1 year, but it would be cool to hg ave 2veterians stay on for 2years, this will keep them in the minority, but they can still lead and teach the new guys.

I would like to really see richard sorin sit on this board of directors, if that means anything to anyone. Could a friend of his ask him?

Why not just PM him?

I voted 2 years. I agree the ideal would be to have at least one or two members repeat a term to pass the torch, but if after the two year term all five are voted out there is probably a very valid reason for it. Let's hold all the members accountable for their decisions and actions.

I really like the idea that any person is there for 1 year, but overall only two or three people change every year so it's more like a revolving door instead of 5 new people starting over every year.

I agree with this direction for sure.

I think at least 1 or 2 of the original group should stay on longer than the others so that as more people are added to the group there is always at least 1 or 2 veterans.

I agree...Matt's is right along these same lines as well.

Why not just PM him? I did

Poll has ended - so here are the results.

How long do you want the five in for?

World of Grip forum

1 year - 3 votes

2 years - 9 votes

3 years - 1 vote

4 years - 0

5 years - 0

Gripboard forum

1 year - 7 votes

2 years - 16 votes

3 years - 0

4 years - 0