What Happens When...

Bill Piche

Gets a hold of a #3 gripper?

He closes it in 3-4 days!

What happens when this same guy tries a number 4? He closes it down to 1/4 inch!

He's been training the grippers since the end of January.

Yes, Dave Morton is already certified.

Proof to be coming in a download entitled The GripBoard Movie showcasing the members here.

I didn't find him. He found the GripBoard.

Let me say this. There's only one other time someone did this. They sent in a #3 close and I thought he was a fake. That guy was named Heath Sexton.

I could have sworn the #3 spring on the gripper he closed was made of rubber. I will put up that video clip soon as well.

This just again lends credence to the high volume, daily gripper work guys. Dave is an electrican. Per Dave's words: "lots of wire cutting and wirenuts". Heath did many 100's of grease gun closes a day -- hours of closes.

:ohmy

I'm at the opposite end of that spectrum. I've used my hands for mainly pinch lifting when it comes to physical labor, growing up cutting and splitting wood. Don't do much anymore, but when I was 18 I could pinch grip 2-45's and never thought much of it. My crush on the other hand has never been developed through manual labor. Yesterday I was pulling nails out of an old shelf to reuse the wood, using a large channel lock pliers. I've done this before but yesterday I felt extremely strong now that my crushing strength is way higher than it has ever been. Grippers are very frustrating to me because it takes me so long to make progress compared to pinch lifting, most likely because I don't have that base built like some of these other freaks.

Wade

How was he able to complete the certification process so quickly?

He closed the 3 in 3-4 days. He obviously could not be certified that quickly. That's how long it took him to close it the first time.

He certified the last week in Feb. He'll be in the June MILO.

Ok, I see now what you mean. So, I should have had "closed a 3 in 3 days" in the movie. :rolleyes

It seems the June issue of Milo will be full to the brim with GripBoard members :D:rock

Rick Walker :rock

I think with the popularity of the grip page- and the grippers themselves- that there will be more and more grip 'naturals'discovered in the next few years.This is not meant to take anything away from this accomplishment.

On the contrary.It is meant as a compliment towards the grip page and towards this newly discovered grip phenom.

I'm guessing that with a height of 6'3"and a BW of 270 this gentleman will be have an 'aptitude'that will lend itself towards INCH lifting,Blobs,Pinch and the IM Rolling Thunder....if he inclined to try these things.

Congratulations!The bar is being raised. :bow

P.S. :D

Also if it wasn't for the grip page Josh would have never had an opportunity to try the #3 and the INCH replica.He is not a member ONLY because of his busy schedule he does not have access to a computer..He IS still interested in grip.

I do keep him 'up'on the grip page news :cool and he finds it 'motivating'.

absolutely amazing..... how old/heavy is he ???!!! we might be peering at an individual that will close a #4 in the least amount of total training...... EVER!!!

He closes it in 3-4 days!

I hate him already. ;)

Next thing ya know, you'll be telling me is that he's from Tennessee, and he's somehow distantly related to Heath. :mellow

Some people have all the luck. :happy:bow

That is just freakish. I can understand that someone who works with his hands a lot and is naturally very strong to be able to close the #3 like that. Even if its very very rare, its understandable. But its not understandable to get the #4 that far after so little training. That is just truly freakish and I still cant believe it :whacked

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Oh my heck.

Dave is a monster.

I cannot even budge my # 4.

Time to start cutting wire and squeezing a glue gun.

• 4 months later...

Hell I been cutting wire for 20 yrs and will never be close to Dave!!!!!

Actually cable heavy cable, heavier gauge than any wire an electrician would cut. Daves just unreal. Watching him on webcam the other night certainly convinced me. I seen it real time him crank on his #4 after recovering from surgery. Unreal!! I honestly sat there in shock shaking my head. A super cool guy down to earth. Like someone else said in another post. A monster.

I'm rooting for all the guys here on the board that are close to the #4

Dave, Tommy, Heath!!

All great guys. All have shared a wealth on info with me and have went out out their way to be helpful to me. I wanted to make that clear. I was just so impressed though watching Dave. Certainly left me with a lasting impression for life. All you guys ought to hook up and push each other to that #4. Just do it!!! If I offended any of you guys for a stupid newbie post forgive me. Just want to see you guys get it done...

I think everyone here is rooting for all of you to get it done........ :rock