Finally Hit A Goal

Sean Dockery

7 or 8 years ago at the Night of Strength Richard Sorin mentioned a feat of strength he thought was really special. I've been training off and on for it since. Tonight, Nicki came over and drug one of the Fatmen down.

I've not done specific blob work since sometime during the summer. Build that broad base.

Edited by Sean Dockery

That is awesome! Congrats man!

If you have not been training then what the heck have you been doing? Seriously!

If you have not been training then what the heck have you been doing? Seriously!

Doc claims axle cleans is the key. Build a broad base and things will come along.

Sean, that's intense!

I honestly can't say that I know how heavy that things feels, but it sure looks strong! That's some explosive pinch strength. Wouldn't like

him to grab my arm in a fight haha

It's been a long time coming - worth the wait I bet - Huge Cingrats! Doc Blob !!!

Excellent feat of strength! Big congrats.

I train. I don't do things that most people would consider specialized grip stuff. Basic whole body routines with grip emphasis included in exercises. Things like Axle cleans, using climbing grips for chin-ups, thick bar curls, stone lifting.

That was awesome!

I knew it was going to be something big like that when you posted ... that's nutso. Awesome job Doc!

Holy Moly dude. Great stuff man!

I train. I don't do things that most people would consider specialized grip stuff. Basic whole body routines with grip emphasis included in exercises. Things like Axle cleans, using climbing grips for chin-ups, thick bar curls, stone lifting.

Makes sence. Getting stronger overall makes one stronger in specalized things. Thanks.

Big congrats, Doc! That is an awesome feat of hand strength! Even deadlifting my Fat-Man seems hardly possible to me these days. Inspiring! :bow

Doc, awesome stuff. Love seeing you post the PR's bro! Keep it up.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I hope the take away from my stuff is that consistency over the long term is fruitful.

Courage doesn't always roar - sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says "I will try again tomorrow".

And the next day and the next day and the next day. Show up - do the work - good things will come! And they did!