Ghp Level 8 20mm Block Set

Paul Knight

Like a mentioned before - feels around MM5ish (but it's been a long time so not for sure) .... someone could rate it if they don't mind me mailing it to them

Love the grippers ... will be getting more for sure. Can anyone tell me how the #6 feels? does it feel like a 2.5? Looks like the one rating I saw for the #7 is around the difficulty of a 3.

Great close!

...Can anyone tell me how the #6 feels? does it feel like a 2.5?...

My GHP6 is tougher than my #2.5, but not by much; nowhere near my #3.

None of my grippers have been rated though...

Edited by Fafner

You are a beast! :chris:

Thanks

Did you order your 8 yet?

Thanks

Did you order your 8 yet?

Yes I did. Mine calibrated at 169.4.

As I am finding out myself now the RGC is not the whole story. The sweep is a big part of difficulty. I have a 148COC#3 that I can get normaly and a 152coc#3 that I got a little while ago. My GHP#7 is only 149 and I am half an inch off from a close. I am in the beginning of KTA now and my hands are feeling like dead weight but I can still get my 148#er so the GHP is for sure a different beast.

I still can't get over how G that video is.... that has to be the most ballin soundtrack for a grip video eva!

Edited by Euclides

Nice close. I have an RGC but not as much experience as some of the other guys yet. But if you can't find anybody, let me know, no problem.

Great video and great close. It is great to see some personality in grip videos. Never realized how boring the average grip video was! :pinch

Thanks Did you order your 8 yet?
Yes I did. Mine calibrated at 169.4. As I am finding out myself now the RGC is not the whole story. The sweep is a big part of difficulty. I have a 148COC#3 that I can get normaly and a 152coc#3 that I got a little while ago. My GHP#7 is only 149 and I am half an inch off from a close. I am in the beginning of KTA now and my hands are feeling like dead weight but I can still get my 148#er so the GHP is for sure a different beast.

169.4?? I guess like every other gripper, they vary ... which is okay because it's impossible to make them all the same ... still one of my favorite grippers now.

My quick review:

Cons -

#1. Only one and it may not even be an issue. The bottoms of the handles are rubber/plastic which I'm thinking may, over time, get damaged to the point that they either fall off or a person may not be able to read which level it is, but it may be more durable than I think. However, if you take care of them and don't throw them in a bag with a bunch of other grippers it's a non issue.

Pros -

#1. Probably what I like most about GHPs' is what I'm also concerned about, as a con ... I LOVE the bottom of the handles. Not only are they extremely legible in a video, but they also, are all rotated in a manner perfect for videoing. In other words, regardless of which handle you are trying to show on video, the lettering is always right side up. Very convenient. The color makes the grippers looks much better too IMO.

#2. The knurling is fantastic. Tetting grippers have been a favorite for a long time because of the Knurling and the GHPs' knurling is just as good ... and aparrently the knurling on the palm side is a little more aggressive to minimize on slipping. Nice!

#3. The bands are a nice touch too. It appears that the plam side is also the "dogleg" side of each gripper. Some may argue that the dogleg is a myth, but I always train with the dogleg in my palm just incase .. so for that I'm happy. Just another convenient touch.

#4. Spread. I only have one GHP so far, but I've seen other reviews and pictures of other GHP grippers. One picture in particular showed 4 or 5 grippers stacked on top of each other and they all appeared to have the same spread. I also read that Wade's intent is to produce them with a 3" spread. The GHP that I have has exactly a 3" spread. That being said, it looks like the spread will be consistent and 3 inches is what could be expected.

Good job Wade

Edited by Paul Knight

Nice close. I have an RGC but not as much experience as some of the other guys yet. But if you can't find anybody, let me know, no problem.

Thanks Earl, I'll let you know

Thanks Did you order your 8 yet?
Yes I did. Mine calibrated at 169.4. As I am finding out myself now the RGC is not the whole story. The sweep is a big part of difficulty. I have a 148COC#3 that I can get normaly and a 152coc#3 that I got a little while ago. My GHP#7 is only 149 and I am half an inch off from a close. I am in the beginning of KTA now and my hands are feeling like dead weight but I can still get my 148#er so the GHP is for sure a different beast.

169.4?? I guess like every other gripper, they vary ... which is okay because it's impossible to make them all the same ... still one of my favorite grippers now.

My quick review:

Cons -

#1. Only one and it may not even be an issue. The bottoms of the handles are rubber/plastic which I'm thinking may, over time, get damaged to the point that they either fall off or a person may not be able to read which level it is, but it may be more durable than I think. However, if you take care of them and don't throw them in a bag with a bunch of other grippers it's a non issue.

Pros -

#1. Probably what I like most about GHPs' is what I'm also concerned about, as a con ... I LOVE the bottom of the handles. Not only are they extremely legible in a video, but they also, are all rotated in a manner perfect for videoing. In other words, regardless of which handle you are trying to show on video, the lettering is always right side up. Very convenient. The color makes the grippers looks much better too IMO.

#2. The knurling is fantastic. Tetting grippers have been a favorite for a long time because of the Knurling and the GHPs' knurling is just as good ... and aparrently the knurling on the palm side is a little more aggressive to minimize on slipping. Nice!

#3. The bands are a nice touch too. It appears that the plam side is also the "dogleg" side of each gripper. Some may argue that the dogleg is a myth, but I always train with the dogleg in my palm just incase .. so for that I'm happy. Just another convenient touch.

#4. Spread. I only have one GHP so far, but I've seen other reviews and pictures of other GHP grippers. One picture in particular showed 4 or 5 grippers stacked on top of each other and they all appeared to have the same spread. I also read that Wade's intent is to produce them with a 3" spread. The GHP that I have has exactly a 3" spread. That being said, it looks like the spread will be consistent and 3 inches is what could be expected.

Good job Wade

Thanks Paul. The label on the bottom is a seriously durable label similar to what you would find on automobiles for example. It's a risk no doubt but they have been tested and I think they will stand the test of time. The handles are stamped under the label just in case but obviously the stamp doesn't look as good. We tried a number of things to get that unique look we were shooting for. The label was the first idea we had but the one I didn't want to go with because of the obvious that Paul has pointed out. But everything else we tried failed and I didn't want to do what everyone else does - a stamp. In the end we decided that we really shouldn't have to build a gripper to stand up to someone throwing it in the back of their pickup and having it rattle around for a few months before taking it out. If you take care of these grippers I'm sure the label will be fine. We took some chances with these grippers - no doubt about it. The label is the biggest risk and has the biggest possible reward. It completely changes the grippers look and makes it real easy to identify on video or picture.

Well done Wade. I've heard enough now. I'm not even on the same planet as these guys but I'm headed to your store now to buy one. A smaller one.

If Paul likes it, that's all I need to hear. :)

*** Edit*** Ordered the #5. Thanks.

Edited by Legendofjd3

Thanks Paul. The label on the bottom is a seriously durable label similar to what you would find on automobiles for example. It's a risk no doubt but they have been tested and I think they will stand the test of time. The handles are stamped under the label just in case but obviously the stamp doesn't look as good.

Man you thought of EVERYTHING.