82.5k Vbar Records List

Mikael Siversson

Four different vbars will be recognised and kept track off in the records list. The original LGC 25mm vbar and the 50mm version along with FBBC's 1'' and 2''. In difficulty the 25mm LGC is very slightly more difficult (and slightly more painful) to lift at a given poundage than the 1'' FBBC (presumably because of its very slightly thinner diameter). The 50mm LGC vbar, I am guessing, allows somewhat higher poundages than the 2'' FBBC because of it being a tube (more centralised mass at the bottom of the set up) and very slightly narrower diameter. Certified competition plates will fit the 50mm LGC bar. Home made versions will not be included in the lists. The 50mm LGC vbar can be purshased from Martin Arildsson, Sweden (after intense nagging). I might donate a few of them when I get my tax return to organisers in the US and England.

Please keep in mind that vbar lifting with the narrow bars might tear the biceps if you don't first build a solid base over an extended period of time.

Only results done of calibrated equipment will be included in the records lists.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Four different vbars will be recognised and kept track off in the records list. The original LGC 25mm vbar and the 50mm version along with FBBC's 1'' and 2''. In difficulty the 25mm LGC is very slightly more difficult (and slightly more painful) to lift at a given poundage than the 1'' FBBC (presumably because of its very slightly thinner diameter). The 50mm LGC vbar, I am guessing, allows somewhat higher poundages than the 2'' FBBC because of it being a tube (more centralised mass at the bottom of the set up) and very slightly narrower diameter. Certified competition plates will fit the 50mm LGC bar. Home made versions will not be included in the lists. The 50mm LGC vbar can be purshased from Martin Arildsson, Sweden (after intense nagging). I might donate a few of them when I get my tax return to organisers in the US and England.

Please keep in mind that vbar lifting with the narrow bars might tear the biceps if you don't first build a solid base over an extended period of time.

Only results done of calibrated equipment will be included in the records lists.

I like the 50mm idea ... Eric and I have a bunch of brand new calibrated plates that we can't use on for the 2" V-bar, but are you saying the only way we can get the official 50mm setup is by nagging Martin? and how much does one cost roughly w/shipping to US? Thanks

It's funny that you are mentioning this right now because Eric and I were just talking about a list for V-bar and we even dicussed a 50mm setup. I even mentioned taking my 2" FBBC V-bar to a machine shop to have it turn down to 50mm as both Eric and I have one.

I payed $95 AUD to have one shipped to Australia. I will contact Martin. I am happy to donate one for your competition as a sponsor. The tricky bit is going to be having Martin wrapping it up and take it to the post office in time (he has 12-13 in stock I believe). The LGC 50mm is incredibly slippery unseasoned (I could not hold 40k when I first got mine) but it will season quickly. It is, by far, the vbar I like the most of the ones I have tried. The LGC vbars are the most standardised of the friction grip tools as they are all made of a specific quality steel of known properties.

Please PM me your postal address if you don't mind.

I like the 50mm idea ... Eric and I have a bunch of brand new calibrated plates that we can't use on for the 2" V-bar, but are you saying the only way we can get the official 50mm setup is by nagging Martin? and how much does one cost roughly w/shipping to US? Thanks

It's funny that you are mentioning this right now because Eric and I were just talking about a list for V-bar and we even dicussed a 50mm setup. I even mentioned taking my 2" FBBC V-bar to a machine shop to have it turn down to 50mm as both Eric and I have one.

I payed $95 AUD to have one shipped to Australia. I will contact Martin. I am happy to donate one for your competition as a sponsor. The tricky bit is going to be having Martin wrapping it up and take it to the post office in time (he has 12-13 in stock I believe). The LGC 50mm is incredibly slippery unseasoned (I could not hold 40k when I first got mine) but it will season quickly. It is, by far, the vbar I like the most of the ones I have tried. The LGC vbars are the most standardised of the friction grip tools as they are all made of a specific quality steel of known properties.

Please PM me your postal address if you don't mind.

Very generous. Thank you.

Yes, thank you very much, Mikael!

We will make use of it in our first contest after the Metroflex.