39 Ft Double Inch Farmers Walk, 425 Do Axle, 233 Rolling Thunder

AdamTGlass

What is the current DIFW record?

Amazing Adam! That FW was sick.

What kind of training did you do to get 400+ on the axle?

Looks like you are going to smoke everyone at the MMM4 ... very impressive. What is DIFW?

Huge numbers, Adam! Can't wait to see you in action later this month.

Looks like you are going to smoke everyone at the MMM4 ... very impressive. What is DIFW?

It is new to me too. I think DIFW is doubble inch farmers walk. I think Adam may just have a record.

Awesome grip power!

I think the DIFW record a quite a bit farther than 39 feet. 39' is some serious distance though. I think the record is Rich Williams done in 2010 Mighty mitts competition ( the distance had wide turns that were not included in the point to point carry distance) Please check... the number was in the high 60's without adding for the perhaps 6-7 additional feet required per each turn. There is still a man Coach Pat Ivey of U Missoiri that is in my mind one of the greatest masters of the Inch carry in the world. I saw him (no warmup) lift and carry an Inch bell across a NSCA exhibit hall I recall "right at a hundred feet" straight carry distance when he ran out of room to walk. For some reason I recall a measure was taken but I will have to look that up.

I think the DIFW record a quite a bit farther than 39 feet. 39' is some serious distance though. I think the record is Rich Williams done in 2010 Mighty mitts competition ( the distance had wide turns that were not included in the point to point carry distance) Please check... the number was in the high 60's without adding for the perhaps 6-7 additional feet required per each turn. There is still a man Coach Pat Ivey of U Missoiri that is in my mind one of the greatest masters of the Inch carry in the world. I saw him (no warmup) lift and carry an Inch bell across a NSCA exhibit hall I recall "right at a hundred feet" straight carry distance when he ran out of room to walk. For some reason I recall a measure was taken but I will have to look that up.

When I went to Mizzou football camp in the summer of 96' and we were in their weight room, Pat seemed to have most of the records and the coaches spoke of his strength in reverent tones.

Good job Adam, your overall grip strength is hitting the roof

Wish I could have been there for such an event! This man Pat you speak of must of had some serious mitts on him...

Great lifting Adam,

Have you pulled anything on your 3" axle lately?

lifted tonight, just 4 pulls- 250, 265 275, lifted 280 about 1/3 of the way. I have had lots of time to work on support and both Axles, RT, and Inch are going awesome

farther

I was very happy to have Jeff Parker from Michigan out to lift with me tonight. He and his wife were seeing some family and they dropped by. Strong guy, lots of potential.

Ok I'm definitely a huge fan of you now. I remember liking those Pinch Grip L-pull-ups you showed a while ago. I am truly enjoying your progress and I'm glad to see another guy who actually LOOKS fit getting to the level required to hang out with the "big boys". You and Andrew in this regard have earned my respect!

I was very happy to have Jeff Parker from Michigan out to lift with me tonight. He and his wife were seeing some family and they dropped by. Strong guy, lots of potential.

Thanks again Adam for the night of grip!

Adam not only let me come lift with him, he gave me literally TONS of pointers that have already upped my game. I just got home today after seeing another round of family in a different state and I went straight for the rolling thunder after work. Instant 8 pound PR! Even pulled 16lbs over my PR about half way up.

Adam is truly the real deal. Not only is he lifting amazing weights, his pace is about twice mine and he doesn't seem to tire. With the crazy fast progress he is making, he will be hard pressed to be beat by anyone.

Edited by Strongmantobe

Adam, awesome work! What's the diameter on your pull-up bar or is that a square pinch bar?

Adam, awesome work! What's the diameter on your pull-up bar or is that a square pinch bar?

for the pull ups i use three different set up ( I assume you are speaking of the pinch one) one is 50mm X 100 mm rotating blocks, one is 50mm blocks on hooks, one is a 75X75 mm bar. The hooks are the hardest to work with, rotating bar is easiest.

• 2 weeks later...