Active Flexibility

Jonathan McMillan

I've started squeezing one of those gooey gell balls in the car to work on my active flexibility for lack of better terminology. In the gooseneck position I can barely make a fist so I think this is something I need to work on.

Jon@han

I've always been short on flexibility, inspite of my pre-workout stretching, which I will now be eliminating. In this month's Milo is a fascinating article by Ernest Roy, PT, which debunks several stretching myths. After 21 years of powerlifting I'm finally told not to stretch before lifting, because it decreases muscle force capability. My stiff legged deadlifts felt just fine this morning with no stretching. I'll do stretching later in the week or possibly after the weights.

I haven't done any stretching preworkouts for years after reading a similar article.

But active flexibility in my hand/wrist forearm seems to be an issue with me in the goosenecked hand posiition.

Jon@han