Warmup

Sampson7

would you suggest warming up with one of the standard grippers which you can buy in a regular sports store before going to the HG100 during a workout?

Sure you should make little warm up before using HG100 if that is near your max gripper. No need for pump in the forearm, just couple short sets.

There is nothing like regular training as a warm-up. That is working the other parts of the body with squats, pushing, pulling, etc.

I don't think anyone can refute that this gets the nervous system going and most people have their best grip workouts after performing some sort of body workout in general.

Just squeezing a light gripper as a warm-up is a BAD idea in my opinion. There is much more to an effective warm-up for the hands and forearms than just starting out light and moving up from there.

I would suggest starting with a very general full body warm-up and gradually working toward a hand and crush specific warm-up or doing something like Wannagrip says, where you train first and then gradually work grip into the mix.

This is actually what i do 90% of the time. Train my body workout first and then do Grip. Works out way better for me and my lifts and performance is always better than just jumping into Grip.