Pinch Clean Pr

acorn

Nice job Aaron. Man I miss being able to lift outside. Four more months untill its warm enough!

No pressing it??? truly disappointing Mr. Corcorran. :grin: :grin:

Just kidding of course! Awesome pinch feat! I like what you use as collars, looks like it's very quick to change. I have some darn springs and one got bent dropping a power clean and it's such a hassle to get them on/off... I might just buy some of those big clamps. Maybe they'll help my lifts too :)

Nice Aaron, hey is your saxxon bar made with a 2x4 or a 2x6 square tube? And how long is the tubing itself? I went to the junk yard the other day and only could find 2x6 but then I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be getting, oops... So I didn't buy it.

Parrish

Nice Aaron, hey is your saxxon bar made with a 2x4 or a 2x6 square tube? And how long is the tubing itself? I went to the junk yard the other day and only could find 2x6 but then I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be getting, oops... So I didn't buy it.

Parrish

mine uses 2x5. You could use either the 2x4 or 2x6 though in a pinch. The actual size is kinda arbitrary. The flat section is 4' long. I'm really happy with the 2x5 for various reasons though.

That looks like a fun event. And that's a lot of weight to be having fun with. Awesome lift, Aaron!

Great pinch Aaron!

You've impressed me from the day I met you (Show of Hands) and you continue to do so

every time you post a video.

You're a HOSS buddy!!!

Thanks guys, its a tough feat for sure. I would be temped to run something like this as an event in a contest but someone would prolly get hurt being unfamiliar with it. I do like this bar alot more than the euro though. It doesnt tear my thumb webbing.

-Aaron

Wow! Amazing! When is the last time you played with your Euro? Is the carry over good?

Wow! Amazing! When is the last time you played with your Euro? Is the carry over good?

Trained with the Euro on Saturday. Decent carryover. I can prolly pull 10% more on the pinch bar on a good day though. The difference between a DL and a clean on the pinch bar is about 100# as well. I could prolly shrink that difference with some technique work as my clean form is currently abysmal. I can't think of anyone else who has tried cleans or snatches on it yet though.

Fantastic pinch clean Aaron!

The Saxon Snatch is actually a USAWA event. Some of the guys train it occasionally.

Fantastic pinch clean Aaron!

The Saxon Snatch is actually a USAWA event. Some of the guys train it occasionally.

Cool, any idea what the record is and dimensions of the implement?

Thanks,

Aaron