Red Nail Bent To 130 Degrees

Jordan Rechsteiner

This is my first red nail and it was bent to begin with. I used a double overhand close and two handed chest close to get it to here. Its almost at the point that I can get one hand on it and crush it like a gripper. Should I re-wrap it or do something else? Also, can someone help me with my hand placement?

-Jordan

Nice work Jordan! What angle did that Red start at? I know you had 5 in that package but I don't know which one you attacked first. What did you use to wrap it with?

Nice work Jordan! What angle did that Red start at? I know you had 5 in that package but I don't know which one you attacked first. What did you use to wrap it with?

I don't know what angle it started at but I am estimating 120. I have it at 139 degrees right now: made some huge progress but its in a part that I don't really know what to do with it right now. I have 4 inch leather wraps that Paul graciously let me make from his supply. They work great. I am a terrible roller so I roll as tight as I can on a 60D nail and then work the red nail handles in there. I started with the most bent one first. Gradually I will work towards the least bent one and finally get a straight one. After that, I will work the time to do it down and then eventually practice with IM wraps and request a certification. Eric said I shouldn't sell myself short and that I could get it done in a few months.

-Jordan

Here I bend it from 139 to 141 degrees. I thought it was more so I took the wraps off and I should have just kept on bending! Please give me pointer and tell me where in the hands this nail should go?

-Jordan

By far the hardest part to bending a Red in IMPs is the kink. Crush hand placement isn't terribly important when you can start the bend from straight as that is the easy part. You just have to get time under the steel and find what is most effective.

By far the hardest part to bending a Red in IMPs is the kink. Crush hand placement isn't terribly important when you can start the bend from straight as that is the easy part. You just have to get time under the steel and find what is most effective.

Thanks Daniel. I appreciate that. :)

-Jordan