Arnold's Sorinex Mighty Mitts Contest Contestants Beig Considered

1stCoC

The Green light was given today to Sorinex to move forward on the March Arnold's Sport Festival Mighty Mitts contest. Aside from the info on the contest section. I think an overall update to tell that a spot has even been reserved for an unknown attendee of the festival to have their chance on main stage at the fame and prizes.If you are just an "unknown" plain grip monster rock the world and show up for your chance of a grip lifetime! If you know anyone of great hand strength ability have them contact us with a brief resume and or video link to be included on evaluating the list of possible contestants. We want simply "the best" to be there with the usual "problems" of attending eased by support offered to each chosen competitor. I urge you to find, identify, and back the ones you feel ARE the best. It should be the best funded grip contest ever and with the help of the gripsters out there continue to be so. I hope you can set aside any preconceived notions realize that this will be a major step up for ALL of us interested in bringing grip to worldwide interest and acceptance. Richard Sorin

This is awesome. I would love to be able to compete again in 2012, especially after having to miss it in 2011 due to injury.

Thanks for the update, Richard!

Jedd

I am glad to be getting resume lists and formal requests(must be in writing) from past competitors. This will be a barn burner! Already it is becoming hard to sort those requesting to compete. I you have a grip hero out there help them to come forward! Many thanks RS

Some of the Titans have instantly thrown their name in the hat. Whew, getting hard to evaluate talent even now. Remember there will be consideration on travel, food, room , prize money for all and a, bonus additional level of support for the overall winner. This should and it WAS meant to include those from far away be given a chance of a lifetime to show what they can do if they make the cut. I hope the darkhorse idea works because we "always hear "about that "someone" that is known to few but just might be the strongest man out there.Let's prove it! The Arnold's festival the largest in the world, will be a great time/money/entertainment value for all those of strength. Darn, if this grows as we wish don't be suprized if in time to come a women's and master's division to be included if support AND interest merits it. Go GRIP!

I'm sure this will be a great contest with awesome grip talent again! Thanks, Richard, for your efforts!

We had a brave gent Steve "Mobster" Gardner step forward in year one Mighty Mitts and even when hurt put up a good showing. If any of the legends from across the pond want a chance...now with "help" this year it might be the year to make your mark at the big show. Could of, should of , or would of doesn't have to be a saying uttered after the contest. I think Mr. Snook would be another that has a golden opportunity as well to prove his great grip strength under contest conditions ,he really looks amazing. It has always been in my thoughts to meet the mighty David Horne a grip master of many years. I did wish to have met him in our early days to learn and push each other, a real pioneer. I don't know of his present level of training or interest but that would truly be a special moment!

Who else is out there guys ???Name some stalwarts and tell me why they are "the real deal" when it comes to grip. I do wish some of the standardized grip contest events could be used but , this must be an action packed visual thing with people in the crowd easily able to access what they are seeing and not be required to have an extensive knowledge of grip to appreciate what they are seeing. Also, I was always told by testing and evaluation experts a test to be "valid" should be a novel task and things like a euro plate pinch , grippers and even nail bending while all being great ideas are greatly affected by skill and are visually hard to follow and understand.

I look to the experts out there to suggest what they think. RS

We just have had contact from New Zeland a Mr. Jeremy Hogg that seems very well versed in high level grip feats. He will along with the others that seem more raring than ever ready will be notified hopefully in a short time.

Seeing Laine in action would be awesome! I'd like to see what Phil Pfister could do as well, especially those events.

Excuse me if this has been stated somewhere else, but is there prize money for First Place? I only ask out of curiosity. Maybe there are grip monsters out there not interested in "glory", but would make the trip and effort for "the right ammount"....

Answers to Arturo's question about prize money is in the grip board contest section. There is prize money AND travel ,food,room, allocations to those selected for every place invited entrant. In my mind the help to get there and the grand experience if you are of a competitive spirit is worth far more than a prize ....here you have both. I never asked for, or made a cent(spent a bit tho) in my past 45 years of grip involvement. I really have enjoyed it. I don't think we are done yet, I only say what I am willing to back up 100% at this moment. This is being looked at by some associate supporters that may help change the offerings but not lessen it. RS

Ioan Puscasu is a real deal!

I think he is too. Perhaps someone can write about his accomplishments in an objective manner. Richard, he lives in Romania, and has zero money. Many fellows on the Gripboard believe he will be the next Number 4 CoC, the first with the post-2004 credit card rules.

His other areas besides grippers could use some basic facts.

I would be curious how much it would cost to fly to Ohio from Romania.

Or, to Los Angeles for the Fit Expo, for that matter...

He himself is a Member, I believe, perhaps he should personally weigh in on the subject.

I think he is too. Perhaps someone can write about his accomplishments in an objective manner. Richard, he lives in Romania, and has zero money. Many fellows on the Gripboard believe he will be the next Number 4 CoC, the first with the post-2004 credit card rules.

His other areas besides grippers could use some basic facts.

I would be curious how much it would cost to fly to Ohio from Romania.

Or, to Los Angeles for the Fit Expo, for that matter...

He himself is a Member, I believe, perhaps he should personally weigh in on the subject.

My understanding is he was in the US for the 2010 World Armwrestling Federation Championships in Nevada so apparently he's been to the states before?

if the criteria is simply being good at grippers then Paul Knight should be going. No disrespect to Loan but what has he done in grip sport that Paul has not? I see in a YT video he killed his 3.5 cert...but so did Paul.

• Like 1

We had a brave gent Steve "Mobster" Gardner step forward in year one Mighty Mitts and even when hurt put up a good showing. If any of the legends from across the pond want a chance...now with "help" this year it might be the year to make your mark at the big show. Could of, should of , or would of doesn't have to be a saying uttered after the contest. I think Mr. Snook would be another that has a golden opportunity as well to prove his great grip strength under contest conditions ,he really looks amazing. It has always been in my thoughts to meet the mighty David Horne a grip master of many years. I did wish to have met him in our early days to learn and push each other, a real pioneer. I don't know of his present level of training or interest but that would truly be a special moment!

Who else is out there guys ???Name some stalwarts and tell me why they are "the real deal" when it comes to grip. I do wish some of the standardized grip contest events could be used but , this must be an action packed visual thing with people in the crowd easily able to access what they are seeing and not be required to have an extensive knowledge of grip to appreciate what they are seeing. Also, I was always told by testing and evaluation experts a test to be "valid" should be a novel task and things like a euro plate pinch , grippers and even nail bending while all being great ideas are greatly affected by skill and are visually hard to follow and understand.

I look to the experts out there to suggest what they think. RS

Considering David has taken 1st place in the WSH series two years in a row I am pretty certain he would be up to do this event considering the conditions you are off setting travel costs. others from Europe- Steve Gardner, Laine Snook, Nick McKinless, Gaberial Sum, Juha Harju

What about the Gripmaster himself, John Brookfield? Surely with all those involved and the venue, he'd be getable?

I'd like to see Matt Graham step up to the plate for this. I'll try to get a hold of him through some guys on the USAWA forum. Matt had a very short "comeback" last year and there is a picture of him smoking 275lbs on the Rolling Thunder. After what I think was YEARS worth of layoff. Plus he has big hands. Just the ticket for a contest like that.

Answers to Arturo's question about prize money is in the grip board contest section. There is prize money AND travel ,food,room, allocations to those selected for every place invited entrant. In my mind the help to get there and the grand experience if you are of a competitive spirit is worth far more than a prize ....here you have both. I never asked for, or made a cent(spent a bit tho) in my past 45 years of grip involvement. I really have enjoyed it. I don't think we are done yet, I only say what I am willing to back up 100% at this moment. This is being looked at by some associate supporters that may help change the offerings but not lessen it. RS

I saw it, thank you for the answer, sir.

To all of those who are throwing out names from Europe.... I think Chris James is pretty good at some of the events tested in Mighty Mitts. I somehow think David Horne might not be blessed with the handsize to hang with the top guys at this particular set of events? Maybe if it were more rounded with a crush, a pinch and a wrist event.... but oh well lets not start that debate, I know the event has to be spectator-friendly and all that... :-)

Edited by Arturo

Ioan Puscasu:

certified on the #3 and #3.5 CoC

5 time national champion at armwrestling at the national championship in Romania at +110 class

3rd place at european championship AW 2007 +110

2nd place at european championship AW 2009 +110

3rd place at european championship AW 2010 +110

3rd place at the world armwrestling championship 2010 in Nevada USA.+110

ArmWars Manchester UK 2009 Ioan Puscasu-Don Underwood:4-2 won.supermatch

Edited by eduard23

Great qualifications for arm wrestling. Any other grip feats though?

This is great information! Please... due to time restraints we have to give the guys time to get ready. Any the the strongmen mentioned are welcome to step forward . They need to contact me as SOON as possible. Every name mentioned is a legit super grip guy. We are trying to get a handle on the dark horse idea of opening a spot to an attendee of the Arnold's that perhaps is that one overlooked superman. If there is "an overflow" of genuine interested men perhaps that would be a way to get in if the roster is full. I really appreciate your support ! RS

Great qualifications for arm wrestling. Any other grip feats though?

I read somewhere about very high RT numbers from Ion - training lifts though. Eduardo will know it.