bencrush

Is there any interest out there for Mash Monster certs for ladies? It occurred to me that since Juha has the MM1 it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine some of the ladies up there chomping at the bit to close something a little harder than a #2 - but not as hard as a #3 - yet. That day will come though when a woman joins the MM0 (#3 parallel set close) club. Elizabeth Horne springs to mind even before Adriane Blewitt.

Since MM0 for men is parallel set closing ANY #3...maybe LMM0 (Ladies MM0) could be parallel set closing ANY #2. I've seen a few #2s in the high 100lbs range. There are several right now who could vault onto that list.

Then you could do a Super Master with a 1/4" spring depth for the LMM1. Or something along those lines.

Their LMM3 could be a Grand Master with a 1/4" spring depth.

Their LMM7 could be the men's MM1. That would be pretty interesting. And definitely top-of-the-heap MMS close in lineup.

Is there any interest out there for Mash Monster certs for ladies? It occurred to me that since Juha has the MM1 it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine some of the ladies up there chomping at the bit to close something a little harder than a #2 - but not as hard as a #3 - yet. That day will come though when a woman joins the MM0 (#3 parallel set close) club. Elizabeth Horne springs to mind even before Adriane Blewitt.

Since MM0 for men is parallel set closing ANY #3...maybe LMM0 (Ladies MM0) could be parallel set closing ANY #2. I've seen a few #2s in the high 100lbs range. There are several right now who could vault onto that list.

Then you could do a Super Master with a 1/4" spring depth for the LMM1. Or something along those lines.

Their LMM3 could be a Grand Master with a 1/4" spring depth.

Their LMM7 could be the men's MM1. That would be pretty interesting. And definitely top-of-the-heap MMS close in lineup.

Nice idea ben...a men's MM1 would definitely top the list

I like the idea Ben. I wish more women were into the sport.

Thats an awesome idea Ben. I think there are women out there who either could close an MM1 or could train to do it. We are on the same sheet of music when you said the #2 should be the womens MM0. Yes, like any sport we need to get women involved for it to really take off.

-Jordan

Great idea! :grin:

I think #2 is too hard to be womens MM0. Maybe MM0 should be something like this: 45,5 kg / 100,4 lbs / rating= 1,64 ?

Close #2 gripper paused MM-Set is hard thing even for "normal men". Liz and Adriane are strong enough but what about the other women?

..maybe LMM0 (Ladies MM0) could be parallel set closing ANY #2. I've seen a few #2s in the high 100lbs range. There are several right now who could vault onto that list.

Yep, I think same.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea Ben. Can't Warren build narrow grippers?

If a parallel set close of a #2 is the LMMO, Melissa would train up and cert in hopes for a LMM1 close someday.