45 Pinchers

JeffPeterson

Is there anybody out there that can pinch 45's but not pinch the blob? Or if you are strong enough to get 45's will you likley be able to get the blob? Just wondering which would be harder.

I did pinch the 45's last winter but never tried a blob. Don't think I could do it as my hands are very small (7"). I can't pinch large 45's, just 1" plates. I tried with 2 2" 45 but didn't budge it off the floor. Got the 35's though.

Tou I have the same problem too, smaller hands,. I've only tried wide plates which I assumed were easier then Narrow, but I could lock ~83lbs. Also are still training crush grip or are you just doing pinching.

I don't work grip much these days. A few plate curls here and there, some bending and that's it. I focus on my bench and powerlifting training. I'll get back to grip soon.

The blob seemed a lot tougher than 2 new style york 45s to me. The wide, old style ones were harder....by a fair amount (at least for me). Plates were not joined by a bar.RS