Wade Gillingham 65lb Blob Lift!

Bill Piche

Wow, that is absolutely incredible Wade! I suspected you would show it who the man was.

What are your thoughts on the blob?

Wow, that is absolutely incredible Wade! I suspected you would show it who the man was.

What are your thoughts on the blob?

It's a beast. Much harder than a regular blob with 15 pounds on it. It has a good surface on it but mine was still cold from being outside so it was slick when I first started messing with it. It took me a number of tries to get the feel for it. It really works the fingers hard - something I don't feel much with a regular blob. It's slightly wider across the main body of the blob so I really had to work my hand down on it to get positioned. It's a great training tool. Thanks Jedd and Mike for putting this together!

Great job kicking BlobZilla's butt Wade!! It looks like it's time to get a 150# Legacy db and make a pair of ImpossiBlobs.

Hey Jedd, I think you should add BlobZilla to the records sub forum ;)

That's a sick pull Wade - congratulations!

Yes this is an awesome pull. I have worked on mine one night and was not successful. Wade is the man!

Blobzilla list - good idea.

It's a beast. Much harder than a regular blob with 15 pounds on it. It has a good surface on it but mine was still cold from being outside so it was slick when I first started messing with it. It took me a number of tries to get the feel for it. It really works the fingers hard - something I don't feel much with a regular blob. It's slightly wider across the main body of the blob so I really had to work my hand down on it to get positioned. It's a great training tool. Thanks Jedd and Mike for putting this together!

Wow, that's a wicked comparison. If I can take a recent feat and attempt by Jedd, he made a blob +20# after a WSH comp look easy yet Blobzilla was harder. It definitely tests the finger side. Many props for getting it the first day.

Who will be the next guy to lift it? Jedd broke ground the first day...I got it a foot last week with hops on several days...there are 2 more of these that Mike sent out to who knows who...

Edited by daniel reinard

Blobzilla list - good idea.

30kg and 65# legacy's are 1# appart, which is neglible at that size a blob since casts vary alot. Shall both be called Blobzilla, or at least on the same list? My vote is yes.

Great job kicking BlobZilla's butt Wade!! It looks like it's time to get a 150# Legacy db and make a pair of ImpossiBlobs.

"ImpossiBlobs".....awesome name :grin:

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

you and that pinch Wade :bow :bow when it comes to blobs, you just hit em out in left field with ease :laugh

Nice lift, i figured you would have a shot at this.. Is this half of a 130lb dumbbell or is the blob actually 65lbs? The 30kg blobs i have both weigh 29.5kg (so 65lbs) if i remember correctly. These are the ones Laine did a double deadlift with.

edit - will have a bash at one of mine on tuesday, have not done any blob training for a long time so will see what happens (i have broke the floor a couple times)

Edited by Paul Savage

Blobzilla is a half 130 legacy, which is what Wade, Jedd, Russ, and myself have. I picked this size because it was the equiv to the 60kg DB.

That man is truly gifted! We are gathering some things together for a coming event that his level and type of strength will be vital!RS

Paul: is Laine Snook still training? Do you have any idea of his current level of strength? His video of a Clean with this monster blob is like 2 years old and he hasn't uploaded a video since around that year... ?

EDIT: Correction, those Blob videos are 3 years old (Nov 2008). I wonder if he had to peak for that or does he have that strength at all times? Or even if he's still training..... I'm really curious.

Edited by Arturo