Who Has "the Squeezer" From Wwfitness?

mcolella

Your absolutely right mcollela, I came across the squeeze myself a couple of months ago. It's a great product at a great price but I just haven't got around to buying it. I've already got about 5 different sized wooden blocks for the pinch grip and that's what lead me to not buying it. I say give it a try.

I think it sucks when people exactly clone other people's products, regardless of manufacturer. I think grippers are the possible exception to this rule due to their somewhat ubiquitious nature.

I would rather pay a little more to an innovator with known quality than save a few bucks and support a knockoff artist. Just my $.02.

If I can find a knockoff #3 I can close, I'll buy it :)

Gonna be a looong search!

If I worked for PDA (which helps sponsor cyberpump,

therefore helps sponsor this board) I would wonder why

so much ink goes to a non-sponsor's product line-

regardless of who the non-sponsor is.

Hey, I do not work for PDA, and come to think of it, I still

wonder about that!

What is the "PDA" I am always hearing about ?

Is it a manufacturer or great things ?

Do they have a web site ?

If so could have a link please.

I think it sucks when people exactly clone other people's products, regardless of manufacturer. I think grippers are the possible exception to this rule due to their somewhat ubiquitious nature.

I would rather pay a little more to an innovator with known quality than save a few bucks and support a knockoff artist. Just my $.02.

I thought that the wwfitness products were manufactured by Tetting, who made the original ironmind products. Was Ironmind the innovator, or was it Tetting?

Ironmind is a great company and the quality is good, but they are a business subject to competition like any other businees. A premium can always be charged based on reputaion, quality, etc. ... but the size of that premium can only be maintained IF it sits well with the consumer. IMO, paying double for a TTK device is not warranted, and even more so for the new "beefed up" version for olympic weights. Why does someone need a beefed up TTK for $80? to hold 20lbs? :blink

Is PDA a knockoff artist? No, they supply products for consumers at the other end of the spectrum, highly customized, $$$$$.

I just ordered "The Squeezer" from WW. I'll post when I receive it and let everyone know how it is. Of course, I have no basis of comparison as I've never used the TTK from Ironmind. :blush

Let's remember where we are: this is the GripBoard... not the "IronMind Forum" or the PDA chatroom.... we talk about and dicuss training grip and grip equipment therein. If it comes from IronMind, or PDA, or Sorinex, or wherever - that's why we are here, to talk about it.

But I agree with Pat. Nobody should be making "knock offs" from another company, but that's the marketplace. The law of supply and demand. If they make it, and someone buys it....

I got it awhile back. It works and is sturdy. If you search the board there are some posts on it.

Thanks for the response. Ya, I had done the search already and you were the only one that I could find who had ordered one. Anyway, I have ordered one, bad paint job and all! :laugh

This is a nice piece. As I've stated before, I've never used the TTk, but "The Squeezer" is a nice, sturdy piece of equipment. Ironmind sells the Olympic TTK for about $80, but I got it from Weightlifter's Warehouse for about $35. I've also recently purchased "The Bar" from WW as well. "The Bar" is the same thing as the Heavy Hammer from Ironmind, but it is available for Olympic plates from WW. It's nice. Also, the grip machine from WW is on its way and that runs more than $100 less than Ironmind's. :D