The Ultimate Guide To Arm Wrestling

Electron

Don't bother getting it. Watch videos and armwrestle (with actual armwrestlers) as much as you can.

Have you read it? I've watched as many videos on pulling as I can, but as I'm still new to this, I'd appreciate it if you could send me in the right direction.

As for local armwrestlers, how do I find them? I armwrestle my friends and some people from my gym, but I've never met anybody who has knowledge on AW

Dude for $14.95 that is such a cheap investment. You would most likely spend more than that on gas every time you go train with training partners once you get a group to train with.

I have no idea if the book is good or not, but I bet what you will learn will definitely be worth $14.95! Plus the book will last forever as long as you don't drop it in the toilet or something.

Jedd

Dude for $14.95 that is such a cheap investment. You would most likely spend more than that on gas every time you go train with training partners once you get a group to train with.

Do you drive a stretch Hummer or something?

Probably true. I live in texas and assuming there are groups in austin, I'd spend nearly that much for the trip there and back.

Some of the info in the book is stuff I don't know, like I've never heard of a posting toproll or anything.

Do you have any tips as to how I can find pullers near me?

I saw this AW guide a while back and was interested in it.

http://www.eiyc.com/techmnl.htm

Is this a must-have if you want to compete in AW?

It's only 70 pages so I wonder what I'll gain from it... Does anybody have this?

I started Arm wrestling and training for the sport last year and bought this book and read it front to back about 20 times. It's actually a really great book with alot of pictures explaining the different techniques and is perfect for beginners. I would read the book, practice the techniques with a group I train with (seasoned pros 20+ years experienced guys) then read the book again till I felt I got it down. If your a beginner it's a great investment. Not everyone has the luxury of training with pros and even if you do, sometimes it's easier to understand a technique with pictures and words than video. But we all learn different.

to keep it short. buy the book!

Probably true. I live in texas and assuming there are groups in austin, I'd spend nearly that much for the trip there and back.

Some of the info in the book is stuff I don't know, like I've never heard of a posting toproll or anything.

Do you have any tips as to how I can find pullers near me?

Whoa! Dude, I'm actually in Austin, and we have a pretty good group here. Where do you live? We are practicing this weekend.

• Like 1

I live in San Marcos. How often and when do you guys practice? I usually work weekends, but I'd love to go join some time.

We practice on either Saturday or Sunday at 2 PM. I'm not sure about this weekend, I'll have to check. Usually there is a practice every weekend, but not every person shows up every week. We practice down in South Austin off of Slaughter, so at least that makes it a little closer to you. I google mapped San Marcos to the actual address we practice at and it says 28 miles up I-35, which really isn't that bad. One of our guys lives in Seguin, maybe you guys could carpool.

We practice on either Saturday or Sunday at 2 PM. I'm not sure about this weekend, I'll have to check. Usually there is a practice every weekend, but not every person shows up every week. We practice down in South Austin off of Slaughter, so at least that makes it a little closer to you. I google mapped San Marcos to the actual address we practice at and it says 28 miles up I-35, which really isn't that bad. One of our guys lives in Seguin, maybe you guys could carpool.

Do you train with Jarrod Levulett? That'd be really convenient if we could carpool, and I've gotta visit you guys soon.

It has been a while since I posted on here, but I would tell anyone new to the sport to gain as much knowledge about training and technique as possible. I have been training people to pull for more than 10 years and have a pretty good idea of what it takes to be successful. Armwrestling requires a lot of sports specific training and table time with experienced pullers that can help you work on your holes (weaknesses). Anyhow, welcome to the sport of armwrestling!

It has been a while since I posted on here, but I would tell anyone new to the sport to gain as much knowledge about training and technique as possible. I have been training people to pull for more than 10 years and have a pretty good idea of what it takes to be successful. Armwrestling requires a lot of sports specific training and table time with experienced pullers that can help you work on your holes (weaknesses). Anyhow, welcome to the sport of armwrestling!

Thank you, I hope to be strong enough to compete soon!

I have a separated right shoulder. Do you think that arm wrestling would be a bad fit for me? It would be fun to learn some technique but not compete.

-Jordan

I have a separated right shoulder. Do you think that arm wrestling would be a bad fit for me? It would be fun to learn some technique but not compete.

-Jordan

You never know if you dont try, but i can assure you that armwrestling is very hard on your shoulders. A lot of sidepressure is generated from your shoulder. Also the necessary backpressure is a big time threat for your shoulder. Armwrestling hard is propably not the best idea if your shoulder is screwed up, but then you have to see for yourself. You better go very easy first, even with good technique.

-Jordan

You never know if you dont try, but i can assure you that armwrestling is very hard on your shoulders. A lot of sidepressure is generated from your shoulder. Also the necessary backpressure is a big time threat for your shoulder. Armwrestling hard is propably not the best idea if your shoulder is screwed up, but then you have to see for yourself. You better go very easy first, even with good technique.

I agree, armwrestling if very hard on your shoulders. You would want to make sure the joint was strong enough and talk to a doctor about it first. It is a great sport though, that's for sure!

-Jordan

Jordan, if your current goal is to be the first to CCS a #4 gripper then stay away from AW'ing till you accomplish

that GOAL.

Dedication to both Grip and AW'ing hardly ever work out well as far as progression in grip. Grip work will

compliment arm wrestling to a degree but arm wrestling training doesn't compliment serious grip training very well

due to the differences in time for recovery.

Just something to think about.

• Like 1

-Jordan

Jordan, if your current goal is to be the first to CCS a #4 gripper then stay away from AW'ing till you accomplish

that GOAL.

Dedication to both Grip and AW'ing hardly ever work out well as far as progression in grip. Grip work will

compliment arm wrestling to a degree but arm wrestling training doesn't compliment serious grip training very well

This is great advice and something I struggled with at first but now i use grip training to compliment my Arm Wrestling and it's worked out great. The hand is where it starts in the sport. My goal is to be a certified Captain of Crush with the No.3 and have the strongest grip in my weight class and just frustrate my opponent by dominating his hand at the start.

-Jordan

that GOAL.

This is great advice and something I struggled with at first but now i use grip training to compliment my Arm Wrestling and it's worked out great. The hand is where it starts in the sport. My goal is to be a certified Captain of Crush with the No.3 and have the strongest grip in my weight class and just frustrate my opponent by dominating his hand at the start.

The majority of the time the one who controls the hand, controls the match.

I've always wondered why it wasn't called hand wrestling. Seriously! If you can control your opponents

hand to a leverage advantage you'll win assuming you maintain your control (hand control).

Not trying to coach you here but one of the best things you can do in your training for AW'ing

is to work your fingers from an extended position. I call it finger pressure, others call it cupping

strength. regardless of what you call it you can't get it strong enough. It should be on the verge

of an obsession. Practice it often, visualize it daily, apply it to your opponents.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Mighty Joe