Want To Build And Rgc. Detailed Specs/pics?

Gift2k1

Hey grip freaks. Title pretty much says it all. I'm morbidly curious about the strength of my growing gripper collection so I want to build an RGC. I'm still in the process of going through the abundance of info on the forums regarding the RGC. I've got the original PDF for "Mortons Calibration Device" so I'm on my way. In any case, I'd love to see some specs and pictures of some of the other members set ups. Just to give me some more ideas and possibilities. My main question is; is there any way I can pull it off without welding?

Without welding? I've thought about that too. I figured you could use a couple of hose clamps to hold the round pipe to the base. For the vertical safety supports, there has to be a way to use 6" grade 8 bolts. If the base was wide enough, you could just bolt right through.

Rich - Ah ha, yes. Your thread was one of the ones I bookmarked to go back to. If you come across the who or what regarding the C channel/velcro calibrators, I'd be intrigued to hear about it. Heavy velcro, no matter how heavy, sounds a little scary when you get up to the heavier grippers. haha.

Cannon - That's more or less what i was thinking. I have a work bench in my shed i'm thinking I can bolt right into and using some long grade 8's for supports. I'm not sure I understand how you mean in regards to hose clamping the round pipe to the base. Could you elaborate a bit maybe?

Edited by Gift2k1

Mine is most like the C-Channel / Velcro rig that Rich was talking about. Yes it did make my o-ring pucker a bit the first time I put a big #4 in there but I never had any trouble. I went up as high as a 227# - #4. I will be doing a redesign in the not too distant future and will prolly use a couple of good hose clamps instead next time with the C-Channel. I did weld uprights onto the sides of the C-Channel though and it was bolted to my workbench initially before I did an update to mount it in between my squat stands.

- Aaron