Great Place To Buy Dexterity Balls

macaz

Huh, I had never heard of boules balls. Now I have, thanks! Are they solid?

I have been looking for mill balls AKA grinding balls. They are used in mines to crush ore. They are sold online from china but the companies don’t cater to someone buying two balls the ship them out my the multi ton. Some are 7-9 inches. Would be good to make and Inch dumbbell with. I have called around but have not found a scrap yard that has them. Maybe some in Tucson Az because of al the mining down there so Ill cal down there next.

Huh, I had never heard of boules balls. Now I have, thanks! Are they solid?

I have been looking for mill balls AKA grinding balls. They are used in mines to crush ore. They are sold online from china but the companies don’t cater to someone buying two balls the ship them out my the multi ton. Some are 7-9 inches. Would be good to make and Inch dumbbell with. I have called around but have not found a scrap yard that has them. Maybe some in Tucson Az because of al the mining down there so Ill cal down there next.

Rich I work for a large copper mining company down here. I talked to one of my cohorts who works at the plant where they do the ore crushing for us a couple years back with this in mind. The biggest ones we use are 6". I haven't been able to source anything bigger locally as well.

- Aaron

Thank you Aaron. I think that means I wont find what I want in Tucson.

Six inch balls would be kinda neat to make a 70# thick handled dumbbell. Do you think you could get some used ones at a good price?

Tell the head honcho at your company that he needs some bigger balls…like 8” would be just right. :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/the_ball_man/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

This guy has less product but some good stuff and cheaper. The 2 7/8" balls are the best priced for the size. I may pick some up for hand therapy.

http://www.ebay.com/...=&_trksid=p3686

This guy has less product but some good stuff and cheaper. The 2 7/8" balls are the best priced for the size. I may pick some up for hand therapy.

I got 2 of them. Ill report back when I receive them. I figure having bigger balls may help me colse bigger grippers.

I missed the forged steel balls. Very nice. Your balls are bigger than mine! :angry2:

I missed the forged steel balls. Very nice. Your balls are bigger than mine! :angry2:

Have you seen the size of mine:

:tongue:laugh :laugh

Years ago I worked at an auto parts store for a while and the same time every year, for some reason, teachers would point their students to our store for large ball bearings that they'll need for their gravity science project. After a while it got fun. A coworkers one was "Do you have steel balls?" "No ma'am, we have brass nuts." That particular customer didn't like that one. Part of the humor was in the truth, we had lots of brass nuts, just no steel balls. :chris:

Have you seen the size of mine:

:tongue:laugh :laugh

That is very impressive.

I got them today. They are very nice almost 9 pounds.

You must have got 4"/102mm then?

Your link said 2-3" max?

Edited by Autolupus

No, they are 3 inch. 4.4lb each. What about yours. Dia?

Ah, I see now, 9lb for the pair!

Mine are 100mm dia. and weigh 8.3kg for the pair as shown in the clip, or 4.15kg/9.15lb each. :)

@ Autolupus, Are those things Shot put balls. Why did you cover them with duck tape? Just wondering.

@ Autolupus, Are those things Shot put balls. Why did you cover them with duck tape? Just wondering.

The duct tape adds more resistance to them when rolling them in your hands. It makes a big difference...

Nah, just solid steel spheres I got from a place I used to work...think I paid £5 for the pair! :D

The duct tape is to add resistance but also to cover the bare metal and stop rust transfer.

Behold my pair of 2&7/8" balls. They are better than I expected. They are really smooth and rotate well in the hand. @ $19 each

gallery_19587_1292_44986.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered another two of the 2&7/8” balls a while ago and still have not gotten them. I have a tracking number and it shows they were out for delivery on 12-11. It dose not show that they delivered. I have another thing I ordered (cigar cutter) that shows that it was delivered on the same date. Man I wonder who the lucky person that has my two packages.

I really am tired of my mail lady. She gives me my neighbors mail a lot and my neighbors give me my stuff delivered to them a lot. My steel balls and cigar cutters are MIA. I will call and bitch at the local post office tomorrow if they are open.

I see you play guitar. I bet the dexterity balls really help with that.

My second order of balls hasn’t made it. Seems lost at the post office. The guy who sells them on eBay is really nice and will send new ones if they don’t arrive this week. He said the post office has been really sucking lately. I have to agree as around the same time this went MIA I had another package listed as delivered. To whom I don’t know.