Think Mj Could Pull The Blob?

jad

LOL! Wonder what his spread is?

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nba-wp10394

stupid editor! Apparently I'm not allowed to put two capital letters together in grip cyberspace :angry2:

Not sure on the hand spread but give him an intro to grip and with time I think he could. Cool topic Jad

His hands are so big that I have no doubt he would get it on the first try. I remember an interview where an average sized male announcer put his hand up to Mike's. Mike's hands made the announcer's hands look like those of a small child. I couldn't find the video but check this out:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bryant-vs-jordan-i,0,5279814.htmlstory, apparently Jordan has a 10 inch long hand.

Edited by Chez

This is a good topic and one I've actually given thought about. My interest was spakred when Phil Jackson in an interview was answering a question about compring Jordan to Kobe. Among many other things, he said "Michael had the million dollar hands" and stated his huge hands gave him a big advantage.

Check out how he palms the ball in midair taking this pass, pretty ridiculous.

So yes, if he wouldn't get it first try, he'd get it very quickly just because of how much surface area he'd get around it.

Imagine Shaq trying the blob. I saw Shaq accidently palm a ball in air when he was trying to pass it. I heard his hands are between 11 and 12 inches long.

To heck with Jordan and to heck with Shaq. Napalm says they will FAIL.

This is a good topic and one I've actually given thought about. My interest was spakred when Phil Jackson in an interview was answering a question about compring Jordan to Kobe. Among many other things, he said "Michael had the million dollar hands" and stated his huge hands gave him a big advantage.

Check out how he palms the ball in midair taking this pass, pretty ridiculous.

So yes, if he wouldn't get it first try, he'd get it very quickly just because of how much surface area he'd get around it.

LOL. The Jordan palming antics are legendary. You're talking to someone who lived and breathed the Bulls during the Jordan era. I had one whole side of my room dedicated to strictly Jordan posters, dressed in as much Jumpman gear as I could afford and long before it became cool with white rappers, and I completely quit watching basketball when he retired.

His hands are so big that I have no doubt he would get it on the first try. I remember an interview where an average sized male announcer put his hand up to Mike's. Mike's hands made the announcer's hands look like those of a small child. I couldn't find the video but check this out:

http://www.latimes.c...79814.htmlstory, apparently Jordan has a 10 inch long hand.

Did you see the size 13 shoe for Jordan??? Heck I wear a 12 and can wear a 13 in some brands. Seems suspect to me.

http://www.latimes.c...79814.htmlstory, apparently Jordan has a 10 inch long hand.

Did you see the size 13 shoe for Jordan??? Heck I wear a 12 and can wear a 13 in some brands. Seems suspect to me.

Seen that size posted in multiple places for him. Hes actually not that big. slightly shorter than 6'5 in real life. Most NBA height listing are with shoes on and rounded up. I stood next to his life sized wax statute at the wax museum in NYC. I'm a CPA and NBA nut so not many people can obsess about numbers like me. I actually read all the NBA draft combine numbers every year when they come out. Sad I know haha. I wear a size 12 also. I'm 6'1.5" and 250 lbs.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/, check it out to see the true stats of a lot of nba guys

Edited by Chez

LOL! Wonder what his spread is?

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nba-wp10394

stupid editor! Apparently I'm not allowed to put two capital letters together in grip cyberspace :angry2:

We had a basketball player do the blob one time at the arnold. He was very big - 6-10'ish and worked out with weights so he was wirey but muscular. It took some coaching and encouragement but eventually he got it. I don't think guys with big hands can do the blob by default but active players that are in shape and have been in the weightroom have a good shot at it with a little training.

LOL. The Jordan palming antics are legendary. You're talking to someone who lived and breathed the Bulls during the Jordan era. I had one whole side of my room dedicated to strictly Jordan posters, dressed in as much Jumpman gear as I could afford and long before it became cool with white rappers, and I completely quit watching basketball when he retired.

Jad, I was going to type this EXACT post. Sounds like we lived the same life for a few years.

I always wondered what the tall large handed basketball players could do on the Rolling Thunder. For whatever reason, height seems to help with the RT. Seeing Wade's post above, I guess he would have more insight on that than anyone else.

It surprises me a little that after all these years, and just about everything that can be discussed gets discussed, jad is perhaps the first guy to bring up this subject (bskt-bll plyrs).

Edited by Hubgeezer

If my memory is correct there is a monster BB player by the name (I think) Calvin Lane( Laine?) that was in a picture holding Shaq like a baby. That was one of the most impressive beings I have ever seen. It is worth looking that guy up!RS

Julius "Dr. J" Erving had the largest hands in the NBA during the 70's. There was a picture in one of the mags showing him palming a pretty good sized medicine ball. I remember another picture of him comparing his hands to Kareem Abdul Jabaar (Lew Alcinder for those of my era) and his hands were a good 1.5" longer. From most accounts, they were over 11" from wrist to fingertip. I have no doubt he could have lifted a fatman during his athletic prime.

One guy that could not have, was the chairman of the boards, Moses Malone. At 6'10" he had 7.5" hands. He couldn't palm a basketball most of the time according to the biography I read. But dang that guy could rebound!!!!

Here they are together:

Malone-Erving.jpg

Julius "Dr. J" Erving had the largest hands in the NBA during the 70's. There was a picture in one of the mags showing him palming a pretty good sized medicine ball. I remember another picture of him comparing his hands to Kareem Abdul Jabaar (Lew Alcinder for those of my era) and his hands were a good 1.5" longer. From most accounts, they were over 11" from wrist to fingertip. I have no doubt he could have lifted a fatman during his athletic prime.

One guy that could not have, was the chairman of the boards, Moses Malone. At 6'10" he had 7.5" hands. He couldn't palm a basketball most of the time according to the biography I read. But dang that guy could rebound!!!!

Here they are together:

Malone-Erving.jpg

I love the way Malone use to rebound. I use the same technique when I play (I'm mostly a rebounder and defender). He was known for tapping the ball to himself multiple times until he could grab the board. Hes hand were known for being crazy small for his size but I didn't know mine are actually bigger (8 inches). Remember the under the back board layup that Dr. J is known for. His hand size was really on display there.

Lane is like 7'6. he said in an interview that his dad and brothers are actually taller.

Here they are together:

Malone-Erving.jpg

I love the way Malone use to rebound. I use the same technique when I play (I'm mostly a rebounder and defender). He was known for tapping the ball to himself multiple times until he could grab the board. Hes hand were known for being crazy small for his size but I didn't know mine are actually bigger (8 inches). Remember the under the back board layup that Dr. J is known for. His hand size was really on display there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0mLvG9KFsw

also, Dr. J was in Fletch. let's not leave out the important details.

• Like 1