Who's Up For The #4?

Guest Chris Mellen

Guest Chris Mellen

This may be a no-brainer, but how many of you plan on working until you close the #4?

On average (for those applicable), how long did it take (steady work, I mean) to close the #3?

I'm not even close. What does a #4 even feel like?

--Chris

It took me 364 days to close the three after I got my set. I'm trying for the #4 but I'm so far away that it seems impossible.

I have found that even when I couldn't get the three I could at least get far on the intial sweep. So what does it feel like- to me it's like squeezing as hard as I can at the beginning and then the gripper hardly budges. I've heard others are getting close though.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Well, I am working toward it. About 2 months ago I didn't think I would ever say say that. I am down to 1/2" now. Of course that might as well be a mile.

Took me about a year to get the #3.

After about nine months of training I shut the #3. I'll continue training to increase reps with the #3, but have serious doubts about that #4. Jeff Peterson sums up how the #4 feels for me.

It took me about 6 months of straight hard training to get the #3. Yes-I am going after the #4. Before KTA, I couldnt even set the #4, now I can atleast get it set in my hand.

Next comes building the strength to close it-

Rick Walker :rock

I haven't got the #3 yet, and I can barely budge the #4, but I do plan on closing it as a long term goal. I think there will be several #4 closes from this board in the next year or two.

The #3 took me 9 months of steady work. I will continue to train grip, but I have no aspirations at this point to go after the #4. Perhaps some day after I have met most of my other grip goals such as pinching and RT work I will give it a go. But I doubt it.